Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chris_kr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Federal/state return status
    I e-filed my taxes for federal and state. The website shows the return status as Accepted for both and I will get the refund in 2-3 weeks.

Does that mean that IRS has "approved" my refund or just that they have received my returns and still they have to process it??

Thanks for help
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 02:21 AM

IRS accepts the returns as filed unless its computers find some error. You will get the refund.
    IRS can come back even after a year or more if it finds that you have some unreported income, improper deduction or credit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I file my federal and CA state return online? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was in US from Feb 2006 to feb 2007 on L1 visa. So for the year 2007 I was in USA from Jan 1st 2007 to Feb 5th 2007. My question is can I file my federal and state return online as my stay was just for 1 month? Somebody told me that I need to be in US for more than 183 days in a...

Wrong filing status for federal tax return [ 1 Answers ]

I used the wrong filing status. Will the IRS realized the error. I always filed head of household, but incorrectly put in single.

Filing status different for Federal return and State return [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use a different filing status for Federal and State? I got married in October last year, but I and my wife were residing in separate states till early 2007. So, on Dec 31st we were married but did not stay together. For the state I guess we cannot file JOINT because of different states....

F-1 Student, Federal &/vs. State Tax return [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about the State Tax return. I am a student on an F-1 visa and have been filing the 1040 NR-EZ and 8843 every year (as told by my school). In previous years a treaty prevented any federal or state tax to be withheld from my earnings, but not this past year (treaty with Germany...

Federal return collected by state for state liability [ 1 Answers ]

I live in wi and filed married jointly I owe the wisc. Dep. Of revenue money but I have paid off the IRS . I filed my fed. Return electronicly and it was accepded, can the wisc .dep. Of rev. take my fed tax return? Or will my fed return be deposited in my account that I have specified with my...

View more questions Search