Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Britalian Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 05:02 PM
    Canadian Special Forces
    Would be curious to know if Canada, like Australia, New Zealand, and Rhodesia, ever had a Special Air Service (S.A.S.) Regiment.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 9, 2009, 05:07 PM

Yes, Canada has an SAS, since l942. Why would you think Canada, who has been involved in all major World Wars, wouldn't have one ?

Feb 10, 2009, 12:05 PM
    If the implication is that I know nothing of Canada's contribution to two world wars, the implication is wrong. They ended WWII with the world's 3rd largest navy. They comprised 25% of all RAF bomber crews. Their industrial production was, per capita, greater than that of the USA. They were the first foreign allied troops to arrive in Britain. To this day, Canadians are well thought of in Holland, which their army liberated. I know more about Canada's part in World War II, (including some things they would prefer not be known) than most Canadians do.
    Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 02:44 PM

Hi, Britalian. Hats off to you for knowing so much about Canada during the wars. I didn't mean to imply that you didn't, but since you are from Southern California, then, well I thought you wouldn't know quite honestly. Who would have thought. Plus your question implied that you were questing. So why the question then ?

I am very sensitive about Canada, mostly having been born in the early 40s and having some relatives in it, some came back, some didn't. I am very proud of my roots.

Ms tickle

Feb 10, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Nobody who has ever studied WWII (both my parents were participants, my dad in the American navy, my mom a British civilian in a city that was heavily bombed) could ever downplay the contribution your country made. German records captured after the war indicated the respect the Wehrmacht had for the Canadian Army. I'm paraphrasing, but I recall reading one German officer writing that "Canadians are fast, deadly, and throw everything they have at us!". If I may, an author named Barry Broadfoot wrote an incredible book in the 70's. It's entitled, "Six War Years: Memories of Canadians at home and abroad". It was this remarkable book that was my introduction to this story of a nation of less than 15 million or so that was in the fight from day one and helped in a big way to bring down the Nazis. Best of luck as always to Canada.
    Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 03:54 PM

You are amazing!!Thanks :) Best of luck to you always, Brity

Ms tickle
    pcb4golf Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 06:22 PM

Hi Britalian, first of all thank you from all Canadian's for your kind words. I had family fight in all major wars and peace keeping missions that Canada has been involved in. If you want to see a fantasic new movie about Canada during the first world war. Rent PASSCHENDAELE. I was written, directed and stars Paul Gross. You may remember him from the TV series Due South. Here is a link for review. https://www.thecnl.com/describe.html...32M&item=75043
    Pat :-)

Feb 10, 2009, 06:45 PM
    Thank you, I would love to see this film. And, quite frankly, I can't think of a better next-door neighbor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canadian Forces Aptitude test [ 5 Answers ]

I just want to know any website which can help to learn Aptitude test, numerical, spatial and verbal test.

Who is the greatest most elite special forces in our world? [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to get a final answer to the controversary of whom is the best elite special forces in the world.This deals with the training and expertise in executing special assignments.

ITIN for dependent canadian born son and wife (canadian citizen) [ 3 Answers ]

I have filed W7 for my wife and son with my Federal tax return by going to a TAC in atlanta area. They indicated that since it is a peak season, will take 6-8 weeks to get the ITIN. How do I file my states return? Reading from the replies of tax experts here, I understood that for most states I...

Canadian Forces (Interview & Physical before or after Aptitude test) [ 10 Answers ]

I am just wondering what the hirerachy is for the three screening processing within the Canadian forces. 1. Aptitude Test 2. Physical test 3. Interview And what if you fail... lets say the aptitude test, do you still get an interview? Or not?\?? +

Burqa II: Special Forces [ 8 Answers ]

Firmbeleiver, I been thinking, in my story, Muslim women serving in the military wear hi-tech burqas. Colors denote rank and position. The rarest is black worn by special forces. Under the burqa is the normal form fitting armor worn by all Galactic Star Systems troops. The enemy became so paranoid...

View more questions Search