Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brucenorman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 04:42 PM
    Noisy propane water heater
    I recently had a new propane water heater replaced in a closet on an outside wall. The burners are very noisy and can be heard throughout the house. Everyone that I talk to including the plumber that installed it say that it shouldn't be that noisy. It is a Whirlpool purchased at Lowe's. Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 9, 2009, 04:48 PM
    I hope whoever installed the propane heater checked,and adjusted the gas pressure to the burner. That can make the a bit noisy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert propane hot water heater to natural gas [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if whirlpool makes a kit or can I just change orifice in unit?

Can connect propane tank to nat gas water heater? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, We have a natural gas hookup to our standard water heater in the basement. There's an issue with the gas right know where there actually is none at the moment. Anyway, is it safe and possible to connect a portable propane tank (from the gas station) to the water heater? The...

Inside only propane water heater, installed outside, OK? [ 1 Answers ]

The instruction manual says "not for use in outdoor installation." My contractor is going to install it outside. Is this a problem?

Exhaust Fan Constantly Blowing on Propane Water Heater [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have noticed that the exhaust fan constantly blows on my State Select Propane Water Heater. Is this normal, or should it only come on when the water heater is actually heating? Thanks,

Noisy pipes - hot water heater [ 4 Answers ]

Recently a plumber replaced the flexible copper tubing on our hot water heater to solid copper piping, alongh with a potable water expansion tank. This tank is on the outlet side of the hot water pipe. Since this time, I hear continuous sound emanating from the hot water tank. Maybe expansion...

View more questions Search