adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Is P90X good?
    Is the P90X a good work out?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2009, 05:55 AM

In the sense that it focuses on working various muscle groups, mixes up the workouts, and provides a healthy diet plan... yes. Do you need to purchase the program? No... you could do it on your own.

But some people find following a program works for them, they wouldn't do it on their own otherwise. Just as some people find going to a gym works, while others do better on their own or with a friend.
    It all depends on what will keep you moving in the direction you want to go.

Plenty of people purchase equipment or programs, or join gyms, with good intentions, but if you don't actually use it, it won't do you any good!
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 10:37 AM

Thank You for your help. I need some motivation and figured following with something might help. I just don't know how real it is. I kind of wanted to know since it was 140 dollars.
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 01:44 PM

You could start with just renting a few exercise DVDs, maybe invest in some inexpensive free weights, and incorporate healthier eating and see if you would really stick with it before putting out that much money. Then set a goal...

If after perhaps a couple of months you are still going strong, then maybe reward yourself with the program to take it to another level.
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 05:37 AM

Ok, that sounds great. Thank You
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Mar 9, 2009, 09:22 PM

hey adam,
    thought id give you my take on p90x.
    unless you've used this program, you shouldn't even give a review about it. It is for one first class all the way. Id have to say this is one of the best personal investments I've ever made.
    does it work? Yes. Will it get you ripped in 90 days? That depends on you and what shape your in now. If you need to lose 15 pounds or so, then now this will now rip you, but it will get you into the best shape of your life.
    A comom misconception is that this is a weight lose workout. Its not! This is a strength training program. Im now on day 60. Ive lost now 5lbs but I've gain a lot of muscle. Muscle weighs more so my weight lose isn't as much since I'm replacing fat with muscle.
    when I started day 1 I was able to do 2 pull ups. Now I can do 17. My energy is way up I've lost my gut. My chest and arms are much more defined and I've got a 4 pack lol.

so here's the deal. p90x is hardcore if you have neck issuses or back problems its not for you. There is a lot of jumping in the cardiox and plyox. Or if your not willing to push yourself. This program is for those guys and girls that are just tired of being somewhat out of shape and are serious about changing there lives for the better.
    Its is as real as it comes. If you need motivation tony can do that.
    What helped me the most was seeing my gut disappear in a week and a half
    one last thing the only negative about this is the time it takes to work out. Every day is a hour workout plus abripper on every other day. So 1hr and a half, yoga days are 1 1/2
    and it will work you like you never dreamed.
    I am still sore to this day. And the first week or 2 you will remember as if it were hell week in book camp. At day 60 I look back at all I have done and it was worth it.
    check out the YouTube vids, there real , it works.
    if you have any more questions let me know
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 07:27 AM

Hey! Thank You. I just recently bought it as a matter of fact. I got it in the mail last Tuesday and I have not yet used it. I am working on dieting first. I started using the nutrition plan book and I have lost 7lbs since I started eating healthir and being more active. I think I might start the videos tonight. I was wondering what kind of equipment was needed though. I know you need dumbells but I really didn't want to get something to do pull ups on. Can't you just use something to do your pull ups on? Also, I have seen those rope tension things being used. Are they necessary?
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2009, 08:30 AM

Good job! Keep at it... as with any type of exercise or routine, it only works if you put forth the effort.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 10:34 AM

Yea, that is one thing I have realized about it is that it is kind of time consuming. BUt worth it!
    Cedric J Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 01:12 PM

If you want real weight loss then a program like p90x is where to go. It is a real workout program that requires time and effort, but if you stick to it you would see the results they promote
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 01:32 PM

Ok, Thanks. I was going to lose a little weight before I start the program. I have lost ten pounds so far. After maybe ten more pounds I will work on turning the rest of the fat to muscles and start the P90X workout.
    someguyishere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 11:54 PM

I say if moneys an issue at the time. Download it. And if it works then buy the thing to support it. But if it doesn't work then delete it from your computer because there's no point in supporting something that doesn't work.
    woodpony22 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Apr 24, 2009, 05:02 PM

Hi Adam,
    I'm oddly not familiar with P90X so I've got some research to do but I did want to clear up some info you've been given here. I'm pretty sure that a pound of fat and a pound of muscle tip the scale equally. Muscle is more dense and therefore occupies less space than fat pound for pound. This often accounts for the fact that you can have a net gain in weight and your clothes will be looser. Which is my next point. If you lose 5lbs (net) , that is made up of perhaps a 10lb lose of fat and 5lb gain in muscle. I always advise clients to use the scale one opinion of how you are doing. More important to me is how you feel and how your clothes fit.
    Hope this helps
    woodpony22 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Apr 24, 2009, 05:19 PM

hi Adam
    I just went to P90X site. In the quest for fitness you will encounter many P90X's. Some will work for you and some will fail you. Your job is to evaluate each method. Info that works for you and you trust... you commit to memory and use, the rest you commit to memory and kick it to the curb. The reason you remember even the failures is to be able to pass it along to others you meet in your travels.
    scorp0089 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 12:50 PM
    Hi Adam, And everyone...
    To Answer your question P90X is fabulous it's a great workout that you should do at your own level they demonstrate how to do it for your level. I have been doing the program for a while now and I use it with seeral of my clients (I'm a Personal trainer)

If you have not Purchased the program yet you can get it here for 10- 25% off the retail price on infomercial.
    Team Beachbody

One more piece of advise, Why wait until you lose 10 more lbs? Start it now if you already have not Putting it off now will give you more reason for you to put it off when you don't lose that 10 lbs. or whatever you make the excuse for (I'm the Same way!! ) Jump in join the people who are doing the program. You can even win $ when you log in your workouts 300-1000 / week or 25000 quarterly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Ranger starter good, battery good What else? [ 36 Answers ]

I have a '92 Ranger that won't start it just clicks one time. I thought it was the starter but it is good. I changed the battery terminals and that fixed one problem now it clicks until you turn the key off. I can't figure it out any advise? Thanks.

Jazz shoes. Good or not good fit? [ 8 Answers ]

I just got a new pair of jazz shoes the other day for dance. My old jazz shoes were much cheaper (from payless) and fit on my feet just right. Now I just got capezio jazz shoes that are much nicer and have nicer leather and such. But they are tight is this normal? How should jazz shoes fit on your...

P90X Results? [ 40 Answers ]

Has anyone tried the P90X routine? If so, what were you results?

View more questions Search