Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    travislward Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 11:20 AM
    Hampton Bay ceiling fan Bypass remote - so I can use lutron dimmer
    I bought a Hampton Bay 60" Brookendale fan which has a remote control. I would like to install this fan using a Lutron Mistro fan dimmer, which does not work with the remote control module. I called Home Depots support 1-877-527-0313 and they said they could not tell me how to bypass since it would void my warranty, so I'm assuming it is possible.

How can I bypass the remote module inside the fan? There are four wires going from the remote receiver to the fan

Yellow
    Pink
    Red
    Gray

How can I direct wire? Is there capacitors or anything in the module, if so is there a way to replace these?

If not I guess I have to return the fan, but it seems like all the high end fans have these stupid remote controls. Can you bypass on any fan?

Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 11:35 AM

For your situation, may be good to leave the current module on High, and control with your Lutron.
    Black, white, and blue out of a Module is an easy bypass. The 4 wire you give makes me think the capacitors are inside, You could meter out the 4 wies from receiver to determine connections, and capacitor hook up.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2009, 09:17 PM

Sorry Strat that won't work, it will fry the fan.

You can't use your Lutron you have to use the remote. Sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to bypass ceiling fan remote [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze 52" Helix II ceiling fan with light (Model # Model: 78512448), bought from Lowe's. It has a remote and also pull chains. Suddenly, the fan/light stopped working. The remote is unable to turn either of them on. The fan is only about 6 months old. I read postings about...

How to bypass the remote on a ceiling fan? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to bypass the remote on a ceiling fan?

Lutron Dimmer Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have just bought several of the Lutron Dimmer switch from Home Depot. One that has on/off along with a sliding dimmer. When the switch is in OFF position, it has has little led that lit up servicing as a locator in the dark. I'm simply just replacing these with an existing Leviton switch...

Ceiling fan remote control coverting to light/fan dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently remodeling my home and am coming across a major problem that NO ONE seems to have an answer for. I have two ceiling fans that operate via remote control. The rest of the ones in my home are the popular "pull down" chains - and those work prefectly with the new fan/light dimmers...

Dimmer Hampton Bay Remote [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan with a remote. The remote fails to dim the lower lights. It works fine on the upper lights and the fan speed. Any idea of the problem?

View more questions Search