Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 10:42 AM
    Is Obama and the Democrats hijacking the Census Bureau?
    "The last thing the census needs is for any hard-bitten partisan (either a Karl Rove or a Rahm Emanuel) to manipulate these critical numbers. Many federal funding formulas depend on them, as well as the whole fabric of federal and state representation. Partisans have a natural impulse to tilt the playing field in their favor, and this has to be resisted," Larry Sabato, the director of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia, told FOX News in an e-mail." GOP Sounds Alarm Over Obama Decision to Move Census to White House - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 11:14 AM
    Hello George:

What did tom call it? The spoils of war? Yeah, that's what it is. So, no matter if the census stays under the Commerce Department of whether its under the White House, the DEMOCRATS control it.

Now, of course, we want them to do the census fairly. But, we wanted a fair census back in 2000, and guess who was in control of the White House then? Guess who won in 2004? I wonder if that had anything to do with the 2000 census? I'll bet it did.

So, all your sniveling about those nasty Democrats falls on deaf ears over here - NOT because I'm a Democrat (I'm not), but because the Republicans were just as nasty when they were running the show.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 11:22 AM

My comments have already been clarified . What pols. Do with the census information has traditionally been the spoils of war .
    The census process has to date been straight up as the Constitution mandates , and not politicized .
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The census process has to date been straight up as the Constitution mandates , and not politicized .
    Hello again, tom:

And, who suggested that Obama is going to politicize this one? Foxnews?

Right!

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 11:35 AM

I am . There is no reason for him to take it away from the Commerce Dept (against Federal statute and probably the Constitution) otherwise.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Hello again, tom:

You do recollect that Obama appointed that right winger to the Commerce post. He certainly couldn't leave it THERE.

excon

PS> Maybe this bi-partisan stuff is a buncha crap.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 12:07 PM

The way I see it he is consolidating power in the White House ala Nixon.

Just look at foreign policy . He has Evita at State ;but he is sending special envoys to anywhere that matters who will report directly to the White House and not to State.

He is doing the same thing domestically with "economic advisory boards " etc.

Like I said ; the law mandates that the Census is conducted by the Commerce Dept. and the justification for that I explained in my posting .

Bipartisanship is a quaint notion that makes for good talking points to the electorate .It works as long as the result is consistent with someone's political beliefs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will Obama and the Democrats lead the you.S. Into WWIII? [ 29 Answers ]

"Whether the issue was the recent bailout for the American auto industry or provisions favoring U.S. steel producers in the stimulus package now being debated on Capitol Hill, overseas observers warned that any move toward protectionism would have serious consequences for Washington and the rest of...

Census Bureau [ 10 Answers ]

I'm always a skeptic. I received a full questionnaire from the Census Bureau in Jeffersonville, Ind. They want a lot of personal information. Can this be a scam? Must I fill it out?

Democrats choosing between Hillary and Obama: [ 15 Answers ]

Dennis Miller, comedian, and more recently known for his political commentary and satire, has a valid point: Why would Democrats that want change, vote for Hillary? We already know about a Clinton ran White House via Bill's presidency. Nothing new there. Even more so why would the black segment of...

Removing Hijacking Files [ 3 Answers ]

I am not a computer expert so I am in desperate need of help. I have three hijacking files: cws.feads, home search assistant, and sorry but I can not rememeber the name of the other file other than it starts with cws. I need to remove these files some how but my system keeps crashing. I did a...

Application Hijacking [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I'm experincing a couple of problems but I'll post each one as a separate thread to enable others experincing similar problems to hopefully find the solution without having to ask again. Should I be concerned about this? (4 entries in my security log): (All the same REMOTE MAC :...

View more questions Search