Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firelion Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 08:55 PM
    Does my ex boyfriend like his new girlfriend or me?
    Me and my ex boyfriend broke up 6 months ago. I needed to figure things out about me and our relationship. I dated another guy for 4 months. My ex started dating this girl and has this entire time. Me and my ex have had a few talks and many texts. He told me he could not committ to the new girl but did not want to loose me. I slept with him recently because our emotions took over. Is he over me? Is there no future with us? Does he like the new girl since he won't come back to me? He says he can't get over some of our past. Is that an excuse?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 09:03 PM

Wow, he's good. So, he doesn't want to give up the new girl but he convinced you to have sex with him, darn, he's a pro.

What are you getting out of this? I know what he's getting, two willing girls in his bed without commitment to either one of them.

Do you want to be a third wheel, because that's what you are right now. Why would he give all this up, it's a dream come true.

Move on, find someone who has no hesititation being with you.
    DJ28 Posts: 161, Reputation: 13

Feb 8, 2009, 09:05 PM
    Can I ask you as to why you guys broke it off? It would give me a better reason as to why he doesn't want to be with you.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 09:08 PM

Are you serious???

No, he doesn't care about you, not really.

No, he doesn't care about this other girl really.

Yes, he cares alot about his own wants.

Walk away, a bit faster... ok run, just run away.

Feb 8, 2009, 09:16 PM
    I broke it off with him because we dated for two years and I did not know if he was really serious. Even though we looked at rings, I just needed to take a step back and look at our relationship. We had a few arguments and I was on a medication at the time that put a dampen on our relationship.
    Pets Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 09:21 PM

How old are you?

Two years and you wanted a ring? If a ring is what made you leave then maybe it's best that you did.

The relationship is over, accept it and move on because he isn't going to give you what you want, he's only after what he wants, sex.
    DJ28 Posts: 161, Reputation: 13

Feb 8, 2009, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firelion View Post
    I broke it off with him bec we dated for two years and I did not know if he was really serious. Even though we looked at rings, I just needed to take a step back and look at our relationship. We had a few arguments and I was on a medication at the time that put a dampen on our relationship.
    Well see honestly me well ha he probably went through a lot oh heartache after you tore his heart out. I'm going through it right now and it sucks so much, after a while he moved on and realized to himself that you wernt the one and moved on, the fact that he had sex with you not to long ago was probably because he still had some feeling for you, and wanted to see what would happen. I think now he realizes that he really just needs to move on. You kind of have to understand that when you do this to someone the second it happens it feels like you got hit by a huge truck. I remember when my ex told me she found a guy right before she told me I was the happiest person alive the 2nd she told me I don't think I ever felt so sick in my life.

Feb 8, 2009, 09:24 PM
    I am 33. No children. I just wanted to know if there was a future or not. He is 43. Never married.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ28 View Post
    i remember when my ex told me she found a guy right before she told me i was the happiest person alive the 2nd she told me i dont think i ever felt so sick in my life.
    I don't understand

'I found a guy'

'You're the happiest person alive'

What??
    Pets Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 09:30 PM

Sweetie, I'm sorry if I sound harsh but I really think that this is a dead end street. You asked for a break, you dated someone else, that didn't work out and now you want him back.

I've been married for 13 years, been with my hubby for 19 years, in all that time, never once did I ask for a "break", never once did I want to date someone else. I didn't need time to figure it all out, because I knew what I wanted and so did he.

He didn't have to put a ring on my finger to prove to me that he was committed to me. Yes, eventually he did, but that was his choice and mine, had he not I'd still be with him because I don't need a ring to prove to myself that he loves me.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

You threw it all away because of a ring and now it's too late. If he still wanted you then he would dump the new girlfriend (which you said he started dating as soon as you two broke up) and he'd be with you.

Sex isn't love, move on, really, this isn't going to go anywhere and he's the only one reaping the rewards while you sleep alone.
    loopy123 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2009, 09:35 PM
    wake up, if you wait any longer you will be too old.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 09:40 PM

43 years old, and never been married, has another girl, but sleeps with you!

The only future you have with him is when he needs some sex on the side and has someone willing to help him cheat.

The best thing you did was back up to regroup, but you messed that up by giving it up to him.

If you want a happy future, love yourself, and leave him alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

EX-Boyfriend is BACK with his EX-girlfriend? [ 15 Answers ]

My ex and I are 24 years old, we broke up half a year ago and our relationship lasted for about 3 years. I have heard from some mutual friends that he might be back with his ex girlfirned (whom he have dated for few months half a decade ago). I have just slowly recovered from my wounds, and now I...

Dating/boyfriend girlfriend [ 8 Answers ]

I was wondering how do you know when dating turns into a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship??

Girlfriend vs Boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

This is my story.. I had this friend (my best friend) for 16 years now she is pretty blond with awesome personality we wernt as close in High school as we went to deffrent schools but after school we did everything together the only problem was she is a student and I am working so for some...

Girlfriend 40, boyfriend 28 [ 4 Answers ]

Is this OK? :confused: I am 40 look like... 'bout 34... people say... I met a guy 1 mo ago... I am a nurse, he is a paramedic/ff, finishing the ff school in march. He moved back to his parents house until school is over.. its a fulltime schedule. I am divorced have a 7 yo with me. We live...

I want my ex boyfriend back but he has a girlfriend [ 9 Answers ]

I was with my ex boyfriend for 1year and 2months.My ex boyfriend and I have been broken up for 8months now. He's turning 19years old in about two more weeks and I'm 22years old. We were each others first love. We were also each others longest relationship. Im not sure for the cause of the break up...

View more questions Search