Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hdude Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 08:55 PM
    DVD rom light on even when DVD is not reading
    Hi,

I have a ASUS DVD rom. It's light indicator is always on when a DVD is present inside the rom. But this happens even when the DVD is not been accessed. Can anyone give me an explanation to this?

Thanks,
    Hdude.
    NoDaddy dot com Posts: 101, Reputation: 0

Mar 4, 2009, 02:56 AM

Does it read media and burn correctly?
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Mar 28, 2009, 09:11 PM

I would clean the drive with a cd cleaner because there could be dust on the lens and elsewhere causing it to think its reading a disk when its not or if it is a older drive(5 years or older) it could be dying

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reading into it too much? [ 8 Answers ]

I actually had a decent conversation with my ex the other day about our dog. She called me honey twice during the conversation. Is this habit or am I reading into it too much?

Am I reading too much into this? [ 4 Answers ]

First of all thanks for any opinions I get on this. I have been married for 3 years and have known him for over 4. During our dating period he cheated on me, (2 times) I caught him, and was ready to leave, he convinced me to give him another chance he loved me and wanted to change. I must say...

Not reading CDs [ 5 Answers ]

I have put in a new CD driver a few years ago and it has worked up until now. It doesn't want to read music CD's or blank ones. Can anyone let me know what is goiong on and how I can fix it? I have went to the Device Manager and I have unistalled the hardware and reinstalled it but still no luck.

Really want a reading [ 7 Answers ]

I can't find anyplace that does FREE readings. THey all have hidden charges, and charged readings are so terribly inaccurate, but enough of that, is there anyone here that can give me a reading? If you can, let me know, and I'll send a personal message.

View more questions Search