Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bcarta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 05:24 PM
    TV, Sony DVD/VHS recorder, Scientific Atlanta Digital Cable Box Connections?
    Could not find a catetgory for Audio / Visual Equipment... so my question is... for anyone reading this...

I have a Toshiba (CRT) TV, a Scientfiic Atlanta cable box, and a new Sony RDR-VXD655 combination DVD/VHS recorder.

I would like to simultaneously watch one program and record another...

I purchased a splitter (as per Sony tech) with one cable going to TV and one to recorder, but the recorder is not picking up the analog channels after auto preset... what can I do?

Please, anyone?

Bcarta
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 8, 2009, 05:35 PM

The only way you can do this is to be able to watch non scrambled channels while you record scrambled ones.

You have to split the cable signal BEFORE it goes into the settop box. Aloso you need separate inputs on the TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connections for dvd recorder to dvr [ 4 Answers ]

HELP! HELP! I have a dvd recorder that I want to connect to my cable dvr.I have triedvarious hook ups and all I get is a scarmbled picture no sound.my TV is an older model with no s video.I need answers in plain terms. I am electronically challenged.I know this can be done,I had it hooked up before...

Adding Sony DVD recorder to Sony System with Bell PVR [ 1 Answers ]

Sony DVD Home Theatre system is already setup w/LCD TV, Bell PVR 9242. Searched and read previous ques and ans - but my recorder still not working. System is setup with HDMI cables TV - Home Theatre, TV-PVR, have S-video connecting DVD Recorder to TV, and Basic Red,Yellow,White connecting DVD...

Hooking up dvd/vcr recorder to a TV with digital cable [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to hook up a dvd/vcr(Pioneer) recorder to a digital cable box with a Panasonic lcd TV.

View more questions Search