Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmdz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2006, 06:33 AM
    Bi religious marriages.
    I am a Christian guy from the UK working in Pakistan. I have met a Muslim girl and we have fallen in love and would like to get married. Is this possible in Pakistan?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2006, 08:35 AM
    That depends. How many goats is she worth?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2006, 09:30 AM
    http://countrystudies.us/pakistan/30.htm
    VBNomad Posts: 65, Reputation: 7

Aug 16, 2006, 07:50 PM
    Wow. What an incredibly rude remark.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2006, 08:19 PM
    I would say that one of you has to not really be either a good Christian or a good Muslium since the two religions do not match. Also in the culture she could be at great risk to do this.

( not saying it can't be done)

But both religions teach that the other is false and those that believe in the other is doomed to hell basically. And in general one believes that the other has to die for the end of the world to come to pass.

So what about children how will they be raised, and going to church not as a family is not a good thing,

I would say that unless one is going to convert there wll be a lot of problems in trying it.

Now if one is that religion in name only, not really going, don't really believe then they aren't really that religion and it could work easier
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 16, 2006, 09:14 PM
    How long have the two of you been dealing with one another and have you talked about how to deal with the cultural differences and child rearing where to live etc.Not a lot of information in the OP.
    VBNomad Posts: 65, Reputation: 7

Aug 18, 2006, 03:25 AM
    There is nothing nice about playing the bigotry card, magprob.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2006, 03:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdz
    I am a Christian guy from the UK working in Pakistan. I have met a Muslim girl and we have fallen in love and would like to get married. Is this possible in Pakistan?

Before getting too excited... have u asked yourself if her muslim family will allow their muslim daugther marry a christian man!? :confused:
    Because most people know how strict muslims are when it comes to marriages!! Most of them are arranged muslim marriages!
    Have u meet her parents?
    Amythest Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Aug 18, 2006, 04:56 AM
    I am going to have to say it is possible but it is going to be painful, and it is probably at a statistic high for a divorce. I agree very much with fr chuck.
    Because assuming you both practice your religion fully, consider, A house divided cannot stand. THere will ultimatly wind up being bitterness and resentment and confusion with children. I am not sayig don't do it, ultimatly follow your heart and what you think is best, because after all no one knows this better than you two. So just be very openly communicating but due to the extremity of the clashing religions, I would wait on the marriage. I am not sure about the pakistan laws however though. And also what krys says who knows if the parents will even allow this. I do fear that there will be constant need to save the other from the dark side. What do your close family and friends say? Your local church? etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Religious Freedom [ 16 Answers ]

I have been reading where the IRS has been investigating more churches for getting involved in Politics by indorcing canidates or by telling people to vote for people that have certain beleifs ( and other reasons) that violate IRS rules and regulatoins. Does this not violate the churches...

Arranged marriages and visa's [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to ask on behalf of my brother, he had an arranged marriage in Pakistan, he had called his wife over to the UK but has never loved her or wanted to be with her, he was only with her for the sake of parents, but then he got locked up dor money laundering he got a 3 year sentence to...

How would finding intelligent Life on other planets effect Religious beliefs? [ 62 Answers ]

This has been touched on in a few threads from time to time. I am interested to hear some different point of views on this. If we were to discover intelligent Life on another planet, how would that effect religious beliefs? Does it help to prove or disprove certain religions?

Religious Mystery [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a movie with the following actors: Robert Di Niro, Robert Divall, Charles Durney. It was a Catholic theme movie that had mystery and complications. I think the movie was made around 1980. I can't seem to remember the title though.? Please reply asap if you have any info that...

View more questions Search