Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magicANN Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 11, 2006, 08:56 PM
    Turtle with soft shell
    I bought two baby turles two weeks ago, and they both have soft shells. What can I do to help them, they just started to eat this week.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Aug 21, 2006, 06:50 AM
    Metabolic bone disease and pyramiding: A turtle with an inadequate calcium or Vitamin D intake, inadequate exposure to ultraviolet light, or disease of the liver, kidneys, or parathyroid glands may develop metabolic bone disease. This causes softening and malformation of the bones. The shells of turtles with metabolic bone disease are often deformed, with the rear area of the carapace pulled downward, and the marginal scutes pulled upward. Tortoises with metabolic bone disease may develop pyramid-shaped scutes. Metabolic bone disease can be fatal; turtles suspected of having this disease should be examined by a veterinarian. Husbandry and diet changes may be able to correct the calcium imbalance, but deformities are generally permanent.

Please read this article Turtle shell care
    CatLover900 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 10:01 PM
    Maybe put them in heat so the shell can get hard. Me I don't know anything about one but maybe try it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Heating Problem - Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat [ 4 Answers ]

My Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat Model 96565210will not heat on any setting. The dryer runs normally, it just won't heat at all. We did install a new heat element, and that would not heat up. Any help is appreciated!

Electron shell [ 1 Answers ]

What are electron subshells and how many electrons can fit in them? What does this have to do with bonding? Thanks, -Matazar

Help me, my turtle is being weird [ 9 Answers ]

I just bought a turtle, and its breathing really hard, with its mouth open when its on the land part of the tank... Is it panting because its hot??

Help me with a turtle please. [ 7 Answers ]

Im getting one of those little green water turtles that people sell in malls... Ive looked on a lot of websites how to take care of them and they are all different... What do I need to buy/do to make sure its taken care of. I need to know everything, it's a baby green turtle from the water

Shell Browser - Help [ 2 Answers ]

I know I had asked this question someone before and I cannot find the answer at the moment. So I decided to start a new thread just to deal with this issue. Sorry about that. I have now have this pop up and I do not know what to do. I think this is appearing because I just put on Spyware blaster...

View more questions Search