Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tesard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 10:42 AM
    Exterior Home Painting of Stucco
    How do I prove that my new construction home stucco exterior surface was incorrectly painted? I have white effloescence showing in multiple places all over my home. It was painted approximately 1 year ago and it showed up about 3 months ago. Looking for any help.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 07:29 PM

If it is truly efflorescence it is likely the stucco and not the paint at fault. Do you know what type or brand paint was used?
    StevieBoyWonder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2011, 04:35 PM
    efflorescence indicates moisture migrating outward through the stucco, for instance if the house was painted before the stucco became fully cured. Otherwise, there may be a moisture migration issue separate from the painting issue. Definietely check which paint was applied to ensure it is compatible with the stucco, needs to be applied over a sealer/ primer coat, and how soon after stucco cure it may be used. See Mr. Fowler's article at http://www.stuccoguru.com/resources/article.cfm?articleID=C-02500&resourceID=2 for a summary, or check wikipedia's efflorescence article.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior stucco [ 2 Answers ]

Apply stucco on the bottom of a bay window what needs to been done so mud doesn't fall off ?

Exterior Painting of HOME? [ 3 Answers ]

:) Ok you Pro's! I've got 2 things I'm considering! 1) Paying some one to paint my home. It's about 1700 sq. ft ranch with average amount of windows and Trim. How much should I be looking at paying for this Service? 2) I'm considering buying a low end Commercial sprayer from Lowe's...

Painting Exterior Stucco [ 3 Answers ]

What is the process of painting on Stucco walls? Is a primer required? What type of paint should I use? Rolling or spraying? What would be the min. temperature to apply the paint in?

View more questions Search