Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blue_st4r Posts: 59, Reputation: 0

Feb 8, 2009, 03:18 AM
    dating very shy girl but unsure
    okay, So I'm dating this very shy girl. This girl is good looking and has a clean inside. She is straight forward and friendly. But very shy. She is getting over a long distance relationship which hasn't really worked out since 3 years.

We've been on 5 dates in the past month. Movies, beaches, hills, walking, lunch, you name it. Our date starts early in the day and we somehow end up at a scenic place spending the final 2~3 hours just talking about random stuff. Im am very shy myself. But, I have been trying hard to get this thing going...

Problem: I am not sure if she even likes me. I do know that we are dating and not outing as friends. We haven't yet held hands or even kissed. Its strange and sad at times. She's not like others. She's not into talking over the phone or email and text messaging. She only texts me back if its un-avoidable like fixing a time to meet up..

I maybe very bad at picking up signs from this girl. But she doesn't make things obvious too. Im kind of hurt with this situation. How do I know that this is her being shy and not her just giving me company at these outings. We do have sparks of chemistry every now and then. But I feel that the distance between us is still the same since we first dated. How can I help this situation. Please remember that I do have patience and I know good things take time. My aim is NOT to get in her pants!

How can I find out what's going through her head?

We are both in our early 20s.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 07:43 AM

Try holding her hand.

If neither of you is giving away any signs then how can it go anywhere.

Take the plunge! What's the worse that can happen?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 08:06 AM

Just date, and enjoy yourself as it may take more than a month, or 5 dates for you both to open up, and know each other well enough to be comfortable. Just be a fun guy, and a gentleman, and pay attention, and don't let her style make you insecure. What's your hurry to hold hands, and have shows of affections?
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 08:11 AM

Maybe she's thinking the same way as him?

Maybe she just wants a nudge in the right direction, you don't want to drop into friends zone you know?

Feb 9, 2009, 04:31 AM

Hmm, yes I guess only time will tell. Meanwhile I will be sensible, patient and most importantly make sure that the dates are fun. I do sound like Im rushing.. lets see where this goes. ;)
    Thanks anyway..
    Irishgirl Posts: 129, Reputation: 18

Feb 9, 2009, 04:37 AM
    Why don't you just ask her straight out plus what does it mean she has a clean inside??
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 06:14 AM

Just continue to date and enjoy the company, things will fall into place accordingly.
    ardahk Posts: 74, Reputation: 12

Feb 9, 2009, 06:17 AM

No need to hurry - you will kiss when the moment comes and holds hands when it seems normal - she had a hard long distance relationship, it is normal that she isn't rushing or not doing anything..

You wouldn't think this girl was so nice if she jumped straight in with you after her long distance relationship.

Just see how it goes but don't fall into the friend zone - innocent flirting kind of thing but no forward advances just yet. Give her some time and more dates. Take it slowish

Feb 12, 2009, 03:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgirl View Post
    why don't you just ask her straight out plus what does it mean she has a clean inside???
    It means that she is good inside too. Not greedy selfish or bad. She is very beautiful and a kind person.
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

Feb 12, 2009, 03:25 AM

Be patient.If she likes, she will let you know
    Irishgirl Posts: 129, Reputation: 18

Feb 12, 2009, 04:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_st4r View Post
    it means that she is good inside too. not greedy selfish or bad. She is very beautiful and a kind person.

Oh thought it meant something else, sorry me and my dirty mind!!

Feb 15, 2009, 01:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dare81 View Post
    Be patient.If she likes, she will let you know
    Yep, that's where I'm heading.. :rolleyes:
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Feb 15, 2009, 02:02 PM
    blue_st4r:

Let's dig a little deeper to get to the root first. What is her family background and relationships with her parents? Was any parent an alcoholic or was she abandoned due to divorce or abuse?

I have an idea that may help you understand where she is coming from and then help you to see if she is interested.

Feb 17, 2009, 03:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingtheLifeinFLA View Post
    blue_st4r:

Let's dig a little deeper to get to the root first. What is her family background and relationships with her parents? Was any parent an alcoholic or was she abandoned due to divorce or abuse?

I have an idea that may help you understand where she is coming from and then help you to see if she is interested.
    Her family background is normal as anyone else's. Both her parents are fine. She doesn't come from a dysfunctional family.. :cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I like a girl but she is dating my best friend [ 4 Answers ]

I like this girl and I have dated her 2 years ago and it didn't really work out. Since then I have gotten really close to her. Me and her have gotten to be the best of friends, but my best guy friend is dating her and I don't want to break them up. I really like her but what should I do.

The girl I like is now dating my friend [ 10 Answers ]

I really like this girl, actually love, who is a good friend of mine. The only problem is that another friend of mine (who I introduced) has started going out with her recently. They started going out after I had already told my friend that I really liked this girl, which really pisses me off. ...

Dating girl for while now [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! This is my story/question: One year ago, my best buddy (aged 22) started working in a restaurant in my town (he lives a couple of miles away). Half a year ago, he had a sexual relation with a colleague (aged 23), nothing emotional, just sexual. During this time, he introduced...

Dating a girl that has a child [ 7 Answers ]

What is your take on dating a girl that already has a child? The child is about 4yrs old. We are going on our first date this weekend and I didn't realize she had a son until I saw her personal page. Usually women that already have children are automatically cut from my "perspective list" but this...

I've been dating this girl since [ 4 Answers ]

I've been datin this girl since 2 months and we had great moments she likes me and told me that I was her first guy who kissed and the first guy who she told she likes but... now we have problems she has a friend 3 years been with him she says she can't se him in this misarebel time when he found...

View more questions Search