Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonysgrlaz Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 08:14 PM
    Has anyone else ever torn a ligament in their elbow?
    I hurt my arm at the gym over a year ago. Went to several doctor's. The first said it's in my head, I have to live with the pain. Then he prescribed pain pills after my constant complaining. The second gave me a shot that lasted for a week. This same doctor gave me a second shot that kept the pain away a month. The third ortho then gave a third shot that kept me pain free for three months. Then the pain came back and he said he can no longer help me. Now we're on doctor #4. He said lets do exploratory surgery and see what's going on after I complained to him for 2 months. Lo and behold he finds a torn ligament at the elbow and repairs it. Three months have now passed since the surgery and I'm pain free, no more complaining to everybody everyday. I love my doctor!! I guess I just have a comment to make... doctors are not Gods. If your persistent and don't take no for an answer, eventually you'll get a doctor that's willing to work with you and listen to you and not push you on to someone else because their too busy. We all know our bodies better then anyone else. If something's wrong we're the first to know it. They all passed the buck and for a whole year I was in agony and had to stop all my activities because no one would take the time and listen to me. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Just curious.
    Matt12994 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Feb 28, 2009, 04:37 PM

No, it hasn't happened to me. But you make it sound painful. I'm going to be more careful next time I go to the gym.
    vballplayer30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2011, 06:18 PM
    Always good to get 2nd and 3rd opinions! The fact that these guys were giving you cortisone shots (sounds like that's what they gave you, instead of having an MRI and/or x-rays is baffling to me! BTW, if any doctor immediately recommends any type of surgical intervention without trying everything else first... you should run for the door!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painful tendon or ligament? In groin area [ 26 Answers ]

Every few days (or once a week), I have been having a problem with hard pains that I think might be with tendons or ligaments in my right groin area. Certain ways that I stand or twist... such as getting out of a car... or pivoting... sometimes cause pain that feels like my leg is going to fall...

Dog Elbow Calluses [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My dog started forming pressure point elbow calluses on her front legs. I started rubbing Vaseline or liquid vitamin E on them each day. One of them looks better, but one of them is continuing to grow bigger. She's a young dog and I don't want her to have huge callus elbows. Does...

Can I add an elbow? [ 2 Answers ]

Somebody previously set a toilet flange flush on the concrete floor ,for some reason they cut the flange off flush at the floor... Is there someway to add an elbow without breaking the concrete floor because I am moving the toilet to a new spot roughly 2 to 3ft away.It is 3 inch PVC pipe

P trap elbow for tub [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am installing a new tub and the PVC waste drain has an elbow directly below the tub with a screw on fitting in the elbow. I am assuming this is the p-trap. Will this leak if I simply tighten it? Do I use any kind of glue or putty or teflon tape in this area? It seems like simply...

Dog still limpy after cruciate ligament repaired. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a nine year old labrador retriever who had a cruciate ligament repair on July 3rd, 2006. Three days after surgery, he developed an infection and his leg swelled up. That set him back for about two weeks. He seemed to be doing a lot better but then , as time went on, he progressively got...

View more questions Search