Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nana5545 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 02:42 PM
    Plastic water line leak near water connector at sink
    How can I fix a leak in blue plastic tubing that goes to ice maker? The leak is under the sink and tubing goes under the house to fridge on other side of room.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 7, 2009, 06:56 PM
    Cut and splice the tube unless you want to replace the entire thing. Lowes/Homedepot has splices.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 7, 2009, 07:00 PM

Is the pipe itself cracked and leaking, or (most likely) it is leaking at the connection under the sink. I would need to know what type of fitting is connecting the blue tubeing. If you could take a clear picture of the leaking area, I will try my best to help you solve this problem.
    Please let me know.
    nana5545 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 08:35 PM

Thank you. Went to OSH and bought the splicer. My son is going to put it on for me.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 12:39 AM
    I am sure it will work out for you. You have a good son that helps you fix things. That is great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator water line leak [ 9 Answers ]

I have a GE Profile refrigerator model TFH30PR that developed a leak. The water line within the refrigerator that leads to the water dispenser developed a crack at the very beginning where it was connected to the inlet line I presume after a dual solenoid valve. I cut the cracked tubing off and...

Water supply line leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a pvc water supply line attached to another plastic line via a male/ female threaded adapter. There is a tiny leak from the connection, most likely because I failed to use enough teflon tape. How can I stop this leak without taking everything apart, as I have glued all the other joints...

Ice maker water line leak [ 1 Answers ]

My GE Profile has fresh water and ice maker built-in. The line to the ice maker has popped out of the back of the unit and leaks on the floor. 1. Re-securing it to the refrigerator/freezer has been futile. I may need to defrost, first. Any ideas? 2. More frustrating, the line won't stop...

Water line leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small leak from the meter to the house and I can not find it under ground. We have tried a probe stick , but the whole yard is soft. We tried looking for green grass area, but I have green patches over the whole yard. Please help me; how can I find this small but expense leak with digging...

Is air in water line possible? Leak in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, my problem is two-fold... first off, for the past few weeks the toilet in my master bath just runs and runs after you flush it UNTIL you turn on the water in a sink, just a quick on & off at just about any sink makes it stop and it's ONLY this one toilet. Second, and more major, problem is...

View more questions Search