Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lexefx Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2006, 10:15 AM
    Ge dishwasher - water pump failure?
    @ 2000 GE potscrubber

It will fill with water, and drain, but it hums like an electrical motor is stuck, and no water pressure is making it to the rotator bar. Is there a pressure pump that may have failed? It appears to do everything, but spray water. Any ideas welcome.

TIA

Alex
    popatim Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 05:00 PM
    The pump may have sheared a coupling, usually plastic and rubber and fairly weasy to replace, if it uses one.

If it doesn't then your in for a new pump and motor assembly.
    lexefx Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2006, 08:13 PM
    Popatim -
    I think you were right about the pump and motor assembly. The issue is now intermittent -
    Thanks for the answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

Dishwasher fills with water but does not wash [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old ge dishwasher, a pot scrubber. When I turn it on the water goes in it but nothing else happens. The water spraying thingy does not turn, but it continues to go through the entire cycle including the drying cycle, but all the water is still in the bottom of the dryer. What could be...

Can I Run A Dishwasher W/water Heater Turned Off? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. I have an electric water heater with a slow leak that I can't replace until later next week. I already turned it off and drained it. I did this before I realized that the dishwasher only takes water from the heater, and now of course I can't run the utterly packed dishwasher (divorced mom,...

No water from sink after installing dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a house that was built in the early 1900s so the piping is really old and I didn't want to chance breaking anything so I went the cheap way out and I didn't sodder anything. I took the hose off from my hot water and added a T pipe that screws on to where the hose used to be. Left side...

AC Water Pump not sending water through tubing [ 1 Answers ]

My house is a ranch house with no basement. We have a forced air/central air conditioning system. There is a pump that is suppose to pump the water through a plastic tubing in to our laundry tub. The water does have to go up to the ceiling of the room and across a wall and then down into our...

View more questions Search