Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    workinglady Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Changing thermostat
    Hello,
    I am trying to wire my old turntable thermostat (heat only, no fan) to a programmable one. But the wire isn't going so well. The ones coming out of the wall are as follows:

L1 (Black) - I have figured this is power
    L2 (White) - I have figured this is power
    T1 (Black) - I have figured this is heat
    T2(White) - I have figured this is heat

I am trying to switch it over to a Hunter 44110. There wires are:
    RH (24 Volt) - I have figured this is heat power
    RC (24 Volt Cool) - I have figured this is cool power
    F (Fan) - I don't have that
    Y (air Conditioning) - I don't have that
    W (heating)

What am I missing or do I need a different thermostat?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2009, 12:34 PM

It appears you are trying to replace a line voltage thermostat with a 24 volt thermostat, (wrong thermostat) Line voltage means 115 or 230 volt, good luck, Mike
    workinglady Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Awesome. I will look into getting a different one then. Thanks :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I want to change over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. I need help in trying to figure out the wiring part of this whole thing. Can someone out there please help. I would certainly appreciate...

Changing thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane twvo30B140 (15yrs old)I, changed the thermostat to a White Rogers model 1F58-58 which worked fine. I want to change over to a honey-well digital vision what’s compatible with the White Roger 1F58-58:confused:?

Changing thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to change from a gas simple comfort 2001 thermostat to a Honeywell but there is not a place for the "W" wire in the Honeywell like there is in the Simple Comfort - where does the W go?

Changing thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace an old thermostat. THe wires the I have coming from the wall connect to the old thermostat this way Yellow to Y Green to G White to W And the Red and Blue wire are connected to R The problem is my new thermostat has the following connections

View more questions Search