Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andyab68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 11:11 AM
    How do get my doorbell to ring
    My doorbell is lit but it won't ring, what do I do?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2009, 11:15 AM

Knock on the door? Sorry,couldn't resist.

Here is a link I think you may find useful.

Repairing a Door Chime or Doorbell - The Home Improvement Web Directory
    baker44 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2009, 02:43 AM
    We have an intercom system (which includes the doorbell). When it storms or there is lightning, it ceases to work. I just trip the circuit breaker and it works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doorbell troubleshooting [ 4 Answers ]

I just replaced a working push-button switch at the front of my home (there is a working rear switch as well). It was very old and unreliable. The new switch was a lighted switch. When first wired the light glows. When the button is depressed the light dims and the bell rings. The problem is...

My doorbell won't ring when pushing button [ 11 Answers ]

I recently took off outside button for the doorbell because it was broke. I bought a new one and it didn't work. There are 2 wires outside and I know they are low voltage when I touch them together I see a little spark so the transformer is working? Am a G.C. but I am stumped do I need to change...

Doorbell getting hot [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just installed a new doorbell since the one that was there was somewhat on the dated side. They both are lighted doorbells, but this one is getting hot to touch. I didn't notice the old one ever doing that. Is that safe or is there a problem with it?

Wiring a second doorbell [ 1 Answers ]

I am attempting to wire a second doorbell. I read in your column that you should wire the two doorbells together. However, I cannot snake a wire to my first doorbell. The second doorbell is located at the button that was once on the outside of the house. Can I wire my second doorbell into the...

Wiring my doorbell [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I own a split level home with a doorbell upstairs. The problem is that we can't hear it if we're in a room downstairs. I bought a second doorbell and picked a location downstairs, but I'm not sure how to wire it in to the first doorbell, since there is a floor/ceiling beam in the...

View more questions Search