Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Evsdropr Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 04:55 AM
    My girlfriend's mum doesn't allow her to go out
    Hey everyone,

As the subject suggests, my girlfriend's mum doesn't allow her to go out. Her mum always wants someone else to pick her up from their house and drop her back home. But that's really difficult for my parents cause my house is 30 minutes away from where my girlfriend lives, so they don't want to come and go all the time just for my girlfriend.

In all this time that we've been together I see her only once per month, that's when her mum finally agrees to drop her off somewhere. But I can't put up with this anymore. I love her so much, and she feels the same way too.

Her mum also doesn't let her take a taxi or a bus because she says it's unsafe to travel alone. Sometimes I ask a few friends of mine to pick her up when they can but it's really hard cause it's not like they owe me.

It's been almost 1 and a half months since I last saw my girlfriend. We've been talking to each other everyday through MSN, phone, messages, even video calls, but I can't take this anymore.. I want to see her, face-to-face.

Does anyone have any ideas about how we can meet up more often? (even twice a month, that's much better than once per month for me)

Thanks in advance,
    Evsdropr
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2009, 05:05 AM

Why don't you get a bus to her house pick her up and go out for a while?

Feb 7, 2009, 05:10 AM

Hi,
    Thanks for your response.
    I actually suggested this to her last night, but her mum actually wants someone's parents that she can trust to pick her up and drop her off, but my parents have already picked her up a number of times, and she doesn't want my parents to pick her up again cause she doesn't feel good about it =/
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2009, 05:21 AM

Why don't you go over and hang out at her house so?

Feb 7, 2009, 05:23 AM

Worse. Her mum doesn't even want her to have a boyfriend, and if she suspects that I'm her boyfriend, she's probably never going to let her go out again.

Don't you just hate people that take control of other people's lives like this? =/
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2009, 05:27 AM

What age are you guys?

Feb 7, 2009, 06:05 AM

I'm 17 and my girlfriend's 15.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2009, 06:19 AM

Well you could be an adult about it, sit down and talk to her mother.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 7, 2009, 06:36 AM

She must, as you do, respect and obey her parents rules. Its frustrating I know, but its also their daughter whom they love, and will protect. Live with it, or consider what Neverme said, talk to her parents about coming around to see her.

I never let my daughter, and nieces date 17 year olds at 15 either. NO WAY!! That just the way it is.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 7, 2009, 06:52 AM

Many families at 15 do not want their child to date, this is a moral and traditional issue, If you are trying to get the girl to do things against parents this will only make it worst for you.

Also where do you live, and where does she live. For example, I would not want a 15 year old traveling on some of the subways or buses in some inner cities

Feb 7, 2009, 06:58 AM

No it's not that far away, it's about 15-20 minutes by car, but I don't have a driver's license yet so I can't go and pick her up myself.

As for talking to her mum: I don't think it's going to make any difference as my girlfriend already talked to her and explained that she wants to go out more often.

She lets her go out once every month, sometimes a bit more, but she doesn't know we're dating, she just thinks we're friends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend's past [ 6 Answers ]

I met this girl about five month's ago, we hit it off and things were great. Later she told me that earlier in her life she had a threesome with two guys. After hearing this we had a conversation and I made it clear that I did not want to know about past experiences. I have not been a saint in my...

Girlfriend's weight [ 16 Answers ]

Hey, my girlfriend and I have been together for about a year and her weight has always been a problem... for her. She is a big girl, around 200 pounds, but I love it and dread her losing it, but, she is desperate to start getting rid of it. Though I really don't want her to I decided I must be...

How to adopt my girlfriend's child [ 2 Answers ]

I am wanting to adopt my girlfriend's little four year old boy. The father has not made any attempt to be any kind of a figure in the boys life. He has not claimed any relation with the boy. How can I go about doing this legally ?

Calming the girlfriend's worries [ 5 Answers ]

Ok friends, this is actually going to be a weird question for me as I am at a lost of what to do with this... We have only been dating since June, but been "talking" since March. No major problems, we argue but it doesn't last long at all(talking a few mins) and we always talk it out...

View more questions Search