Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 09:20 PM
    Do you want Manny on your team?
    So Spring Training starts in a week and Manny Ramirez still hasn't been signed. So I'm wondering...

Do you want your team to sign him?

I'm a Mets fan and I say Hell Yeah! After 2 consecutive Sept. collapses we desperately need a big bat added to the line up. I know he should be punished for the way he left Boston, will cost a ton of money and will cause problems along the way. But he is one of the true difference makers in the game.

What does everyone else think?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 02:59 PM

I would take Manny in Philly in a heart beat. Hmmm Pat Burrell did just sign with the Rays. Seems like Manny would fill that hole nicely!!
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Feb 9, 2009, 03:08 PM

The guy's a game changer plain and simple. His antics could be troublesome for some teams however he did nothing crazy with L.A.

He talks the talk no doubt buthe definitely backs it up!

NO CHANCE my Jays get him:(
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 06:37 PM
    So, other than the Dodgers, why aren't the teams interested? Particularly the Amerian League Teams?
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 07:28 AM

I think There are three things that are scaring teams 1. He is 36 years old. 2. He turned down a 1 year 25 million dollar contract from LA. Nobody wants to give a long term BIG money contract to a 36 year old. And 3 he may just be an @$$hole and teams don't want to deal with that. But I would love the Phillies to get him but they just gave Ryan Howard 3year 54 million so they are probably out.
    DSMom Posts: 55, Reputation: 17

Feb 10, 2009, 07:46 AM

Manny is a game changer. However, looking back on his career, he conducted himself in a muh better way when he played in Cleveland. If he could have that same demeanor that he did then and play the way he does now... everyone would be after him.
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 09:22 AM
    I don't believe that he will chose to sit the year out because he doesn't like the offers. If all the teams that were initially interested (Angels, Phillies, Dodgers, Yankees, Nationals) had stepped up and made an offer it would have set a market value. But everyone sat back and let the Dodgers do all the work.

There's no way the Mets get him - they've lost too much money in the Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme.

I guess he will probably end up in LA
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    I think There are three things that are scaring teams 1. He is 36 years old. 2. He turned down a 1 year 25 million dollar contract from LA. Nobody wants to give a long term BIG money contract to a 36 year old. And 3 he may just be an @$$hole and teams don't want to deal with that. But I would love the Phillies to get him but they just gave Ryan Howard 3year 54 million so they are probably out.
    It's great for the Phillies that gave Howard an extension. He's a monster.

I'm just glad to see Pat Burrell in Tampa, he has always been a Met killer.
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjwoodhull View Post
    It's great for the Phillies that gave Howard an extension. He's a monster.

I'm just glad to see Pat Burrell in Tampa, he has always been a Met killer.
    You know I have mixed feelings about Burrell leaving. I loved him at the plate but he can't run and his fielding skills were never that great. But it is sad to see him go. I am happy about Howard Also. Seems like a nice guy hopefully he will not be next in the steroid scandal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A-team, I need assistance [ 1 Answers ]

What is the real name of the A-Team theme song, and who is it by. Please I need this soon:confused :confused:

Team Colours [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a basketball team, could be International, whose Team Colour is Green Uniform with an outlined Yellow line and maybe Yellow numbers. Could be US, UK or International. Thanks

30th mlb team? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so in 1997 there was 28 MLB teams. There's 30 now. So that means there's 2 new teams since then. One of them is the Washington Nationals. And the second my brain won't allow me to think of it. Anybody know?

Leading a team [ 1 Answers ]

You're on your way to motivating your team from a group perspective, but you're still having trouble connecting with your team as individuals. Your mentor reminds you of the concept of emotional intelligence and how it can enhance your leadership capabilities. Self-Awareness: The ability to...

View more questions Search