Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

Aug 10, 2006, 11:57 PM
    White-Rodgers thermostat... what does this mean?
    Okay, I'm about to smash this thing up. I fell asleep with the AC turned off earlier and now I wake up and its 77 degrees in here and I'm sweating. So I go turn the AC unit back on, setting it on 75 degrees to start with because I know you aren't supposed to do more than 2 degrees at a time. Instead of turning ON, I hear it click but the number "75" just starts blinking and the unit isn't coming on. If I turn the unit "off" I can hear it click again, but it will not come on to "stg 1"... so what does the blinking temperature setting mean? *glares at unit*

I don't know the specific model of our unit but I do know it was replaced about 2 years ago when our old one broke so its pretty new.
    mgfarmer Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2006, 11:16 PM
    Its possible that it didn't come on right away due to compressor protection. If the a/c had just turned off when you changed the temp it won't allow it to come back on for another 5 min or so.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Aug 13, 2006, 02:00 PM
    And, almost all digital stats have a built-in delay. Some as much as 2 minutes...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Wiring help for a White-Rodgers Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 wire (red & White) heat only system. It is steam heat run by gas. Currently I have Honeywell thermostat which uses 3 AA batteries. Thermostat has R, RC, O, W, Y, G terminals. R and RC terminals are connected by a jumper cable. I have Red wire connected to terminal R and white wire...

White-Rodgers to new Hunter Thermostat (Wiring Help Please) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a new home, built in 2003, with Central Heat and Air. It's all run off electricity and is using a Lennox Model CB29M-41-1P heat pump. The WHITE ROGERS DIGITAL HEAT PUMP THERMOSTAT 1F89-211 used the following wires: White Red Brown Orange Yellow

White-Rodgers 50A50 -288 Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I have a white-rodgers controller for my furnace/airconditioner, it has a white-rodgers mercury thermostat. Is there a wiring diagram I can follow to re-connect the thermostat? Does it also show where to terminate the coil wires for my condenser? Thank you Todd

Rplacing Weathertron thermostat with White Rodgers [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a heat pump with auxiliary electric heat controlled by a Trane Weathertron thermostat. I am attempting to upgrade the thermostat with a programmable White -Rodgers(1F85-277)heat pump thermostat.I want to verify the correct wiring hookup for White-Rodgers Thermostat to the current...

White discharge [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lot of thick white discharge vaginally during the month, and when I have my period, first few days it is almost dark brown and really thick, after that it becomes very slimy my blood discharge. Any reason for this? I am in my late 30's and I also get awlful headaches with each...

View more questions Search