Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Feb 6, 2009, 01:29 PM
    Potty training
    When should I start introducing potty training to my 1 year old he has been walking for 5 months and walks well... I just wanted some opinions any would be apprecuated:D
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2009, 01:45 PM

You can certainly have it sitting in the bathroom, read story books to him about it, etc. but most aren't ready until between 2 and 3... some a bit sooner, some a bit later... all of which is perfectly normal.

When he stays dry through naps, or even better dry through the night, tells you when he needs to be changed, etc. those are signs he is becoming physically ready to try potty training. When you feel he has shown some interest, try it for several days and see how he does. If it becomes too much of an issue, let it go for awhile longer and try again at a later time.

Potty training is relatively easy when the child is truly ready for it. It is a battle of wills when they aren't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Potty training [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is 3 and I can't seem to get her to go to the restroom she understands what you do in the restroom and all of that but we can't get her to tell us so that she can sit in her potty chair what can I do to get her ready so that she can go to school :confused: :confused: :confused:

Potty training my lab [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get my lab to stop peeing in the house. Sometimes she will go outside and other times she will pee in the house when my back is turned but I catch her in the act what do I do?

Potty training for 8yr boy [ 12 Answers ]

My 8 yr old boy is not able to clean himself properly after poop, which stained his underwears.. its disgusting but he doesn't feel bad at all.. He developed this habit in 2-3 months before... we explained him so many times to improve it.. grounded him... gave him time out... seems nothing...

Potty Training [ 3 Answers ]

Why is there a myth that girls are easier to potty train than boys?:)

Potty Training - Little Boy [ 14 Answers ]

My wife and I have a 19 month-old boy (and a little girl due in September). We would like to work on potty training... any suggestions? Should training start by sitting, progressing to standing... or do we try to go straight to the standing approach? ... we are also trying to transition our...

View more questions Search