Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxxkizzyxxx Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2009, 12:53 PM
    Can I become pregnant 3 days before period due was late but only had spotting?
    Me and patner had unprotected sex 3 days before my period was due? Was a few days late then only had spotting? My period is not due tiolo 24-25th of feb when is best to take a test and it be accurate?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2009, 12:58 PM

I would wait and see what happens around the 24th/25th... with a few extra days added on for good measure. If your period doesn't show up, try a test at that time.

Feb 6, 2009, 01:14 PM

Is there no way of finding out any sooner? Its driving me crazy as can't stop thinking about it and not sleeping well either? Do you think there is a possibility as my friend told me that's when your most fertile?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 6, 2009, 01:21 PM

HPTs are most accurate if you wait for at least 14 days after you ovulated.

If you don't know when that was, you'll be best off to wait until your next period is due to test and find out.

If you really can't stand to wait, then feel free to test earlier, just bear in mind that the result may not be accurate if you test too soon.

Feb 6, 2009, 01:25 PM

Thanks how many days after period is ovulating supposed to occur?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 6, 2009, 01:30 PM

That is incredibly difficult to answer.

Most commonly ovulation occurs between 11 - 16 days after the first day of your period. Between 12 - 14 days after ovulation, you should get your next period.

Some women have short or long cycles because of various health issues. If this is a concern, you must speak with your doctor.

The only real way to know you ovulated is to use OPKs, and/or track basal body tempratures, cervical fluid, cervix position, etc.

However, you can "guess" that you ovulated between cycle day 11 - cycle day 16. (Cycle day 1 is the first day of your period)

Feb 6, 2009, 01:51 PM

Sorry I'm abit confused? So are you saying that there is only a slim chance of concieving 3 days before period as not ovulating then?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2009, 02:58 PM

Pregnancy can be a possibility at anytime, but a few days before your period is probably one of the least likely times to get pregnant. Most women will ovulate about midcycle... with the first day of your period counting as day one of your cycle as LearningAsIGo said. Some will ovulate a bit sooner, some a bit later and once in awhile someone might ovulate different from their norm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My period is 16 days late could I be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

My period normally comes on time every month. I have just come off the pill a couple of months ago. My period is now 16 days late. I have very sore breasts which have small lumps around the nipple and there is white stuff coming out of my nipples. I have had lower back pain and my skin has broke...

My period was 4 days late,can I be pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

I should have started my period jan 10 and I didn't,which I'm never later than the day I think I should start. So the next day I took a test and it was negative. I haven't been really tired or feel sick and my boobs don't hurt BUT when I was pregnant with my daughter I NEVER had any of those...

Period three days late, some spotting. [ 1 Answers ]

My cycle normally is 21 days. On the 21st day of Jan. 2009 my period did not start. On the next day there was some spotting from pink to brown. The third day there was dark pink to bright red, now on the fourth day it is red to brown. I'm very confused, it's too light to be a light period and my...

I'm 5 days late and see brown spotting does this mean I'm pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I had my period June 1-6 Then I had sex June 28 and expected my period on July 4th I didn't get it and I had sex again on July 5th I'm now 5 days late and on July 7th I started noticing brown spotting and pinkish only when I wiped after using the bathroom. We used a condom both times! Could I...

Late Period, Spotting, Pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone I'm new to this forum so please stick with me. I know this has probably been asked a million times but I am very confused and would like a little advice if possible? I am 28 and have been trying to conceive since April 06. My periods are ALWAYS bang on 28 days. I last had a period...

View more questions Search