Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    24carparts Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Writ of Execution?
    I have received a Writ of execution in my state which is NC and I did make a list of exempt items, but I contacted an attorney months back and they informed me that it is highly unlikely that the plaintiff would come after my possessions, what should I do?

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2009, 12:15 PM

Need more details. Generally a writ of excution is issued for a specific asset. So I'm not really clear what you got or what you filled out.

Feb 6, 2009, 12:15 PM
    How can the state or the plaintiff get my bank account info?
    If I receive a writ of execution, how and can the sheriff get into my bank accoun to take funds?

Feb 6, 2009, 12:18 PM

Please don't start multiple threads for the same issue. I've merged your two threads for you. Any further follow-up should be posted ans an answer/reply to this thread

Generally YOU don't receive a writ of execution. A sheriff is given the writ to serve on the holder of your assets. So the sheriff will serve the writ on your bank, who will freeze your funds turning them over to the sheriff who will, in turn, turn them over to the plaintiff in the suit.

Feb 6, 2009, 12:32 PM
    This writ of execution is from an old credit card debt. The writ of execution was mailed to me and received in the mail today from the state of NC, it is from the sheriff's office. How will the sheriff get access to my personal bank account and when would it take effect?

Feb 6, 2009, 01:00 PM

The writ was probably sent to you at the same time or after it was presented to your bank. Have you checked your account recently?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writ of Execution - PA [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Today I received a writ of execution which seized by bank accounts. The judgement is for much more than I have in the bank. I am concerned because my paycheck is direct deposit which goes into one of the accounts that has a hold put on it. I tried to stop my direct deposit for my payday this...

Writ of execution in pa [ 2 Answers ]

I live in pa . Found out bank acct is frozen. Fortuantely there is only 54 cents in it. Received writ of execution in the mail.. owe 1300. To collection agency. I make 14000.00 per year. Cannot afford attorney. My question is can they take my ten yr old car etc.. I spoke to an attorney over...

Writ of execution [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm from pgh pa and got a writ of execution letter with a form for an appeal in the mail and now my accts. Are frozen how long do I got until my money in my accts. Will be gone thanks for all your help

Writ of Execution [ 15 Answers ]

I have a small claims that went into a default judgement. A friend of mine was sueing me for $400.00... and at the end since I missed the court date I ended up owing him $1674.64. Ok so there was a default judgement placed. I received a letter from the Sheriff regarding the Writ to Execute. So I...

View more questions Search