Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ceddie13 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2009, 11:46 PM
    Apostolic Marriage
    I am not married but I was dating a girl who was penecostal. I want to learn more about this religion so if I get her back I can take the steps on the religious end. She told me you marry someone basically in the religion or they kind of have to join, is this true if so why... I just want to be more knowledgeable about what I might get myself into? Any advice will be GREAT.
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Feb 18, 2009, 12:31 PM

Run my friend, run as far and as fast as you can.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2009, 12:37 PM
    CHRISTIANITY: THE PENTECOSTAL FAMILY

If you don't "convert" you most likely cannot get married in her church.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 01:36 PM

That sounds like a line of whooey to me. The only denomination that might require that is Catholics, Mormons and some far out cults. Please let us know what organization she is associated with.
    notrubillah Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 06:12 PM

Is she Penticostal or Apostolic? Eather way you need to stop focusing on her and focus on getting into that church. If you like this girl so much, that is the only way you will be able to do things right. Have you been to her church before?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 06:52 PM

Full of bull, while many prefer you be penticostal or at least Christian there is no requirement in their religions that you be a member to get married to a member.

And you can't become one ifyou don't believe just to get a person to date. When you dated, you did not visit their church.

And Apostolic is ot a type of pentcostal and not a type of marriage
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Feb 18, 2009, 08:18 PM

Oh and changing your religion to get a date... desperate man, desperate.

Sounds like wedding crashers or funeral crashing to me... lol.

[To Fr_Chuck: Hey, thanks for the greeny. Crashing for the meal? Perhaps you don't have any youngish daughters or you would have seen the movie Wedding Crashers where they weren't there for the meal... lol... and that was the background for my attempt at humor. I have to remember, not everyone has seen the movies I have and honestly I never thought I would have to admit I'd seen that one. Thanks Again.]

Feb 18, 2009, 08:38 PM

Penticostals are not Apostolics just like Baptists are not Catholic. He needs to leave this girl alone unless he first becomes Penticostal himself. If he decides to become Penticostal, he first needs to focus on himself, she a=can come later.
    ceddie13 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Feb 28, 2009, 12:20 PM

She is apostolic, and I have been to her church but I wanted to learn more.

Mar 1, 2009, 10:14 PM

Which church is it?
    stephie96 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 03:35 PM
    I am apostolic myself, and while there is no legal reason you can not get married, our church encourages each other to marry people with the same values, religion excet...
    the bible cleary states to be evenly yoked together
    OMP Muzik Group Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 06:11 PM
    Ok I didn't uderstabd othing you just said. You might want to Spell check, Grammar check and just plain check. Lol
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 1, 2012, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OMP Muzik Group View Post
    Ok i didn't uderstabd othing you just said. you might want to Spell check, Grammar check and just plain check. lol
    Which post did you have problems with? They were all perfectly clear to me.

Also, what's "uderstabd" and "othing". Spell check didn't pick those up?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 2, 2012, 04:22 PM
    Ceddie - First of all... it's Christianity, so start from there whether you agree or disagree with it. The denomination doesn't really have a doctrine that won't allow you two to be together... but Christianity does preach against it. As others have stated, if you are doing this just to get a girl, quit now. However, if you truly are interested in having a relationship with Jesus Christ everyone at the church will be MORE than happy to help you out with that. In the meantime... get to know the church better before you even make a move towards the girl.
    lizchick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2013, 01:46 AM
    I'm an apostolic, which is a form of pentecostal. What we believe is that we should marry someone in the pentecostal faith as well. It's not forced, but highly encouraged. You see, pentecostals believe many things that others don't. That doesn't make them better, or superior somehow, but it just makes them have different values. For example, some pentecostal girls believe that females should not cut their hair and that they should dress modestly. When their future husband not only knows and lives by this rule, but really understands why its even important, more unity can occur in opinion within the couple. A lot of marriages end because the spouses believe that they are too different for one another or that they simply can't collaborate and decide on things the same. If the husband of a pentecostal gets her and knows why her values are important, then the couple can get along better in the long run. Say, if they both happen to have a kid and the pentecostal wife believes one thing while her husband doesn't understand why it is important and thus doesn't agree with it, the household is capable of having a weak foundation. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be with her because you're too different. I'm just saying that you should probably take a close look on what she believes and see if you agree with it. Never be afraid to ask questions as to why her religious rules are important to her or her church! If you really like her, search the religion first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage in uk [ 4 Answers ]

Hi judykaytee, I'm sorry I couldn't get your answer which you previously gave me, I'm asking you again help me for that I have my friend in uk she catholic and on student visa there and she wanted to marry her boyfreind in uk he is also on student visa but he is muslim what will be the...

Love marriage or arrange marriage? [ 6 Answers ]

I have boyfriend but my parents want that I will do marriage with a boy of their choice.I really love my Boyfriend and he also love me. What should I do?

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Marriage [ 5 Answers ]

Can a U.S. citizen marry an illegal here in the states? If so what are the steps to take to get that person permission to stay illegally?

Marriage [ 6 Answers ]

I found out soon after my husband and I had a baby that he was intimately talking with one of his ex's basically telling her that he wished she had his baby instead of me and also leading her to believe that he was going to leave me for her. He also had contacted another ex saying that he loved...

View more questions Search