Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    perseotee123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 03:53 PM
    How to get a death certificate from another state?
    Hi, I wanted to know How to get a death certificate of someone, when you don't live in the same state? Thank you
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 5, 2009, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by perseotee123 View Post
    Hi, I wanted to know How to get a death certificate of someone, when you don't live in the same state? thank you
    How difficult it is depends on how much you know about them. If you happen to know the funeral home where it took place you could call there and ask them. They could direct you. If you don't know that then you could try the city or county they last resided in. Also if your still unsure you could try the local area newspaper and they could tell you where records are kept for that area.

Once you know that then you can call them for a request and any fees involved.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2009, 08:18 PM

Request one, pay the fee, they mai them, no real issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gift Certificate of Death [ 97 Answers ]

Has everyone veiwed the insane idea brought to attention Dec 2 for holiday gift certificate? The New York Times reported that 35 parent planning station across the Unitied States have offered the gift of death as a Christmas gift. As quoted in the news: Here's an original holiday gift...

Inheritance Tax when Death occurred in another state? [ 1 Answers ]

My family had to establish a trust in order to protect my mother's house prior to her death. Now that she has passed away and the trustee has found a buyer for the house, do I need to worry about New York taxes (where the assets were located as well as the trust) as well as California taxes (where...

Need a death certificate copy [ 1 Answers ]

I need a copy of a death certificate, where do I go to get a copy of it? Would that be the courthouse/ emoore

Death certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am doing a biographical search on a subject, minor nobility, who died in South of France, 1878 and would like to obtain death certificate, also find burial place. She is buried in Nimes, Arles, maybe Nice. Can anyone direct me how to get records in France, and a listing...

Landlords wife don't have death certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I spoke with my landlords wife she told me he killed himself, he jump off a bridge, and they can't find the body. So section 8 said that they cannot put rent payments in her name, everything is in his name. So I figure that at some point they will stop rent payments because he's deceased. I really...

View more questions Search