Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RedRover882 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Installing hot water shut off valve
    I bought a ball valve to install a shut off on my hot water heater. However, it says that it is for LP gas. Will it work for water also?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 5, 2009, 03:42 PM

While it might work for you I would not recommend using that valve for water. Believe me, if the manufacturer thought it would work both ways he'd advertise it that way.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 11:53 AM

Some ball valves are manufactured for multi use. If it says it can also be used for water then it will be OK. If it does not, then don't

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 valve shut off hot water tank valve [ 9 Answers ]

I was just trying to get some Pro's thoughts on, why there would be a shut off valve on the hot line going out of my hot water tank, and no valve on the cold coming in? Is there a reason for this? Is it OK to add a valve on the cold,so I can isolate the tank, by shuting both valves , and would...

No Shut Off Valve between water heater and bathroom sink valve [ 14 Answers ]

I have a constant drip in my bathroom sink. After a little trouble shooting, I came to the conclusion that my hot water valve underneath the sink is the culprit. I traced the pipe down the wall, into the basement and to the water heater. The only thing between the water heater and the old valve in...

Replacing hoses under sink and installing shut-off valve [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm getting ready to "cut" the rubber hose under the bath room sink to install shut-off valves. Here's a little history for you... I replaced the old facet about a month ago and had no leaks... well, guess what it's been leaking and wife's not happy. I'm really worried about cutting...

Water shut off valve [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a water shut off valve. The compression valve I purchased says to NOT use plumber's putty however all "how to" pages I check say to always use putty or teflon tape. I am comfused as to what to do.

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

View more questions Search