Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2006, 09:59 AM
    Completely saddened.
    I know everyone in this fine world is free to their own opinions but as I was browsing through the internet reading articles about wicca and paganism I came across this web site http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...ca_exposed.htm. And I find it to be one of the worst pages I have ever come across . Saying that we worship the devil. We believe in gods and goddesses not one should being and definitely not an evil hell-bound one at that. Now I respect all religions and the fact that some people are against other religions but I do wish that we could all just respect each other and live happily instead of sending false lies out to the public.. I can see why some younger people like myself have a hard time finding the religion that is right for us whichever that may be... if you have any opinions at all feel free to say them.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2006, 10:11 AM
    My opinion: the internet is mostly unregulated and you WILL find material that is offensive. Be prepared for that or keep your browsing to a minimum.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2006, 10:21 AM
    Yes, that sort of thing is sad and sick. Gives Christians a bad name to those who don't know any better. The other guy that comes to mind is the whacko (calls himself Christian) that goes to Gay rallies toting signs "Fags Rot In Hell", etc... pretty sad, all of it.

It's too bad to see that - especially considering that they probably know darn well that Wiccans and Satan Worshippers are two completely separate and unrelated groups.

Peace and Blessings to you, binx44. Please know that that site is NOT representative of Christianity. It's representative of liars and evil people.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2006, 10:32 AM
    Brightest blessings to you rickj...
    And thank you bolth for your opinons.

Merry meet and merry part until we meet again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2006, 10:35 AM
    There is so much info out there on the net that you just can't believe everything and yes some of it may be offensive to some people. Some times you have to walk through the mud to get to the sidewalk.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2006, 10:46 AM
    While I've run into a couple of so-called "Christians" who were this bigoted, most of the Christians in my life have been caring, kind, wonderful people. The ones I know personally embrace wicca as a legitimate religion / practice.

As Rick says people who make those kind of webpages are wackos. Those people who think wiccans worship the devil probably also think that gays should be lynched, Jews control the press and the banking system, Mohammed was a pedophile, etc... it's unfortunate that the people who are the most intolerant seem to shout the loudest. But the majority (at least in my experience) are definitely not like that.

Take care, and try not to read those kinds of webpages if they bother you. I'm Jewish and I steer clear of all of the anti-semitic garbage online (and other garbage as well!), as it upsets me too much.
    VBNomad Posts: 65, Reputation: 7

Aug 10, 2006, 03:56 PM
    Please keep searching Binx44. There are many great sites out there that describe our beautiful religion. And sadly, of course, there will be these kind of sites. The powers that wish to enslave and control find the Wiccan faith very frightening. They will stir their more demented minions to this kind of horror, and far worse. Wicca challenges the established structures by giving the individual power over their life and their relationship with God. We teach equality and respect. Personal freedom and responsibility. Accountability and honor. You bet they're scared.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2006, 04:19 PM
    Yes you will find all sorts of sites out there, some teach that the death of Jews in WWII did not happen, you will find black hate, Mormon hate, Catholic hate, Baptist hate, white hate and more.

A person wanting to know the truth about Christianity should never trust a non christian site,

And I can tell you horror stories from personal experince on witches and pagan worship but will not on line as to not agure with other posters, but if you want to be scared of some religion, believe me you can be.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 10, 2006, 05:06 PM
    I am saddened by such things in many many forms. I believe there is a way to live happily together too.
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2006, 03:47 AM
    The world would be such a wonderful place if it were not filled with these hates. And I thank you all for taking your time and speaking your minds. I have been practicing wicca for almost 5 years now and I am glad to see that not everyone thinks we're devil worrshipers and that everyone has their own different opinions.
    Merry meet and merry part everyone
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Aug 11, 2006, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by binx44
    i know everyone in this fine world is free to their own opinions but as i was browsing through the internet reading articles about wicca and paganism i came across this web site http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...ca_exposed.htm. and i find it to be one of the worst pages i have ever come across . saying that we worship the devil. we believe in gods and goddesses not one should being and definitely not an evil hell-bound one at that. now i respect all religions and the fact that some people are against other religions but i do wish that we could all just respect each other and live happily instead of sending false lies out to the public..I can see why some younger people like myself have a hard time finding the religion that is right for us whichever that may be... if you have any opinions at all feel free to say them.

Ah, well now. It is the nature of some people who should know bettere to take an opposite position to anything other people do and to mangle it beyond the recognition of those who stand inside any tradition. Why can't we all get along without this warfare? Probably something to do with the evil that lives in the hearts and mnds of some people. It reminds me of the statement,

No matter what it is, I'm agin it!

Merry met.

M:)
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Aug 11, 2006, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    I am saddened by such things in many many forms. I believe there is a way to live happily together too.

Thanks for the card.

M:)
    kiwimac Posts: 22, Reputation: 7

Oct 18, 2006, 03:37 AM
    People fear what they do not understand. Unfortunately this is often made worse by the fact that some of them do not WANT to understand. Take solace in your beliefs, fight untruth where you find it and leave those who WILL NOT understand to their own devices.

Kiwimac
    Priest and Theologian
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Oct 18, 2006, 04:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by binx44
    ... if you have any opinions at all feel free to say them.

Sorry but my opinion is that the site you find offensive is telling the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiccan
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2006, 05:10 AM
    More truth from the same source:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controv...%27s_Witnesses
    -

Oct 18, 2006, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the subject as usual.
    kiwimac Posts: 22, Reputation: 7

Oct 18, 2006, 05:30 AM
    I would have thought Starman that if you consider Wikipedia authoritative with regard to Wicca then it might well be considered authoritative with regard to Jehovah's Witnesses.

IMO the site in the OP could support itself selling the fertiliser they spout.
    -

Oct 18, 2006, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimac
    I would have thought Starman that if you consider Wikipedia authoritative with regard to Wicca then it might well be considered authoritative with regard to Jehovah's Witnesses.

IMO the site in the OP could support itself selling the fertiliser they spout.
    The Witnessess have nothing to do with the subject and you are in violation of