Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KMC6296 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2009, 11:27 AM
    School Party
    I'm hoping for some suggestions on how to handle the class parties at my daughter's school. I am room mom (again) for my daughter's class. I learned quickly last year that the parents just do not want to send in supplies for class parties. I tried requesting $ 2.00 or $ 3.00 to cover the expenses and that fell through also. We had to resort to the school billing each students account and then I would turn in receipts for reimbursement. This worked out fine. However, I was just notified that the school will no longer do this.

Our class is hosting the teachers luncheon this Monday and I of course assumed that we would just bill the accounts because I had not heard otherwise. I had to put a request in the flyer asking for $ 5.00 to cover the luncheon as well as the party for Valentine's Day.
    So... when I don't get $ 5.00 to cover the expenses what should I do? Not have the party? I felt terrible for the kids last year and I picked up A lot of the expenses. I am just not able to do that this year.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

School grant to go back to school [ 3 Answers ]

I am a single 48 yr old lady and I don't have mean to just go back to school but I work as a nursing asst but would like to know how to go back to school is there any grants that will help me do so?

Has the Democratic Party always been the cry-baby Party? [ 21 Answers ]

This is an honest question and I’m looking for an honest answer. Since I can remember Democrats talk about what a lousy country this is and constantly complain about the “unfairness” of life, the “evils” of big business, the never-shrinking scourge of racism and homophobia, and the inevitable...

High school Graduation party ideas [ 3 Answers ]

I need a graduation party idea for my 18 year old daughter. I was thinking about a scavenger hunt that ends at a location- problem is that I have no idea what a great location would be. I want it to be surprise.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.