Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jentude Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Ceiling fan string pulled out
    Hi,
    I went to turn on my 1 yr old ceiling fan and the string just pulled right out. Now my fan is stuck in the high mode... is there anything I can do to easily remedy this? I cannot get the fan off at all w/out this string... I can only change it's direction. I am NOT very handy at all, so hoping there's an easy solution to this.
    Jennifer
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2006, 09:25 AM
    You can replace the pullchain switch, although it requires a moderate degree of handy-ness. Here is a document that chronicals this task:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...and-repair.php

What make is the fan?
    jentude Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2006, 02:20 PM
    Hi,
    Thanks so much for the link and advice, I will check it out. My fan is a Hunter brand.
    Jennifer
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2006, 04:51 PM
    If you have trouble finding a replacement pullchain, call Hunter, they are well stocked in replacement parts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

String stuck in ceiling fan? [ 5 Answers ]

My son's balloon got caught up in the ceiling fan. After the balloon was remove there is still some string left, but its too short to turn/twist to get out. I'm afraid if I turn it on it might break the fan or worst, the friction might start a spark. How do I get it out? Call an electrical or...

Pulled Fuse on '97 Prelude Now Won't Start [ 2 Answers ]

My radio and power to the cigarette lighter died while I was driving. I pulled over and started checking the fuses unfortunately with the vehicle running. When I pulled the fuse under the dash marked ACC the car quit running. I didn't think anything of it at the time. I just figured that after I...

Chain pulled out! Nowhere to turn! [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I own a Hampton Bay ceiling fan and it has two chains, one for fan speeds and one for the light. I have a switch on the wall that enables me to turn both on or off and the chains allow me to switch them individually. I just left the room after a conversation and pulled the light chain and...

Ceiling Fan Pull String 3-speed Switch [ 1 Answers ]

What if someone by mistake wrongly connect the load on the switch (L) to one of the other wires (yellow, red, green)? Can this (cross wiring or mixing) cause (cross-wire) damage to the motor? Please help. I need this help urgently.

Ceiling Fan and String [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 year old threw a ball of string over the ceiling fan while I wasn't looking and it wrapped around the fan and caused it to come to a grinding halt. I am a newbie and would like to take the fan apart but don't know if there is an easy way to get the string out. Ceiling fan is a Hampton Bay. ...

View more questions Search