Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2006, 03:43 AM
    Way to go Brits & Scotland Yard!!
    Major Terror Plot Foiled in Britain: http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/article...314638&sid=WOR

Way to go, mates!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2006, 03:47 AM
    YES to my fellow british mates :)
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2006, 10:12 AM
    YES the British police are definitely on the ball!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2006, 10:38 AM
    How about Scotland Yard opening up an office in America, I'd feel better.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 10, 2006, 12:38 PM
    It's good to know that some authority's can handle situations such as these in a concerted effort to keep people and property safe. They really know how to handle what could have been a major crisis situations. Others could learn a lot from them... including the U.S.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Aug 10, 2006, 02:09 PM
    Accrding to the latest BBC news,terrorists planned to "crash" planes on five US cities,and a number of UK ones.Police have made two arrests,just a few kilometres from where I live.Thank goodness,as others have said for combined UK/US intelligence.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2006, 02:18 PM
    Yea... I really wonder about all of that. Bush came out and said told you so, That's why we were illeagally wire tapping everyone. Now people are saying it is OK, out of fear, to have your privacy mean nothing. Oh well, cheer for the "GOOD GUYS!" After all, they are the hand that feeds you.
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2006, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Yea...I really wonder about all of that. Bush came out and said told you so, That's why we were illeagally wire tapping everyone. Now people are saying it is OK, out of fear, to have your privacy mean nothing. Oh well, go ahead and cheer for the "GOOD GUYS!" After all, they are the hand that feeds you.
    Huh? The above must have been posted in the wrong thread...
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Aug 10, 2006, 05:16 PM
    Kudos to you, U.K. Nice to know you're smarter than the terrorists!

According to Glenn Beck, a commentator on T.V. there's some kind of Holy Day on August 22, when Muhammed's body was moved(or something like that) Anyway Beck suggested if it could have been the target date?

Well, thanks again for thwarting their plans Scotland Yard! :cool:
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2006, 05:49 PM
    It is indeed good to know that the authorities are not totally asleep.

Good job Scotland Yard!
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2006, 08:33 PM
    I have lived through WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and many small outbreaks in my life and we knew we were in a war. People of today don't realize that we are at war with one of the worst enemies we have ever had. We all need to realize that we hae to do what ever it takes to win.
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2006, 12:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    I have lived through WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and many small outbreaks in my life and we knew we were in a war. People of today don't realize that we are at war with one of the worst enemies we have ever had. We all need to realize that we hae to do what ever it takes to win.

WOW I'm glad you said it.
    I haven't lived through any war I'm only 27, my brother is fasinated by its history and reads so much about it, he is only 19.
    He is aware that as you sid.. This is war, This is leading to WW3 and the government and its people are unaware of it.

2007 - 2012 the world is going to go through Hell.
    I don't know whether you believe in Nostradamus but he predicted this! Most of his predictions came thorugh.

Why are we so blind.

These terrorists, are beating us, the will take over, that's their plan. Its too late, they are already on OUR land, planning and committing these crimes...
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2006, 01:43 AM
    It's good but also bad. I fly out on holiday today and it means a lot of trouble at check in etc. Plus we can take NOTHING on the plane with us :(

Anyway, back in a week :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2006, 03:45 AM
    Going away on holiday should be a relaxing, worry free thing, nowadays thanks to all these terrorists, it isn't! Which proves that they are winning.

This needs to stop!
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2006, 03:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    Going away on holiday should be a relaxing, worry free thing, nowadays thanks to all these terrorists, it aint! Which proves that they are winning!
    I disagree wholeheartedly. They are not "winning".
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2006, 03:59 AM
    I wish to see it like you Rick, I really do!

But I don't have a good feeling about this.
    Want they want, they are achieving, they want to scare us, and we are getting scared!
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2006, 04:03 AM
    I do agree that they are achieving some of their goals... but "winning" I would certainly not call it.

It's a bunch of battles... and we just won a major one in stopping those dirtbags from the evil plan they had in mind.
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2006, 04:06 AM
    Actually now as you put it... yes it makes sense!

Why has it come to this?
    Why do these dirtbags do it?
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Aug 11, 2006, 04:38 AM
    As a traveller in the near future I would rather delays, and the GET to my destination. What's the alternative, let anyone onto the plane and get a quick diversion to "blown to bits" land. I think not.

Keep vigilant everyone, where there's one "bad guy" there is probably a dozen more around the corner.

Strange how many religions preach peace and everyone must die in the name of one God or another, beats me? Personally given the choice of how I want to die... "old age, very old"
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Aug 11, 2006, 10:49 AM
    Like Lee,my mom,and dad are going to catch a plane this Saturday,but are quite calm about it.Security will be tight,but so will peace of mind.They can only take their boarding passes,passports,and wallets onto the plane.I will still be glad when they reach their destination though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yard Moles [ 6 Answers ]

I have a BIG problem with yard moles. I would like to have any advise. I cannot afford all the "stuff" like stakes and traps. I was wondering if anyone has any "home remendies" to get rid of these. My neighbor also has them very mad. Sue

Dead in the Yard [ 4 Answers ]

How do I check to see if I am getting juice to the spark plug?

Water in front yard [ 3 Answers ]

Just bought an old home,and after putting in new copper plumbing I noticed a wet spot on front lawn in the area of my 3/4 inch galvanized feed.I want to know if I can repair this feed,without calling a contractor?Is there a pipe patch available that I could wrap around old pipe?There is a curb-stop...

Yard full of weeds [ 1 Answers ]

?? Taking advice from the radio, I sprayed a mix of soap and water on grass to kill weeds. Dumb! It killed all my grass and the weeds took over the complete yard. What should I do to get the grass growing again? Mid-Florida location.

View more questions Search