Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Feb 4, 2009, 02:43 PM
    Too Paranoid
    I obsess about knowing whether I have something planned on a Friday or Saturday night. If there is any chance that I might not have something to do, then I freak out and get really depressed.

I feel like I should want to be alone. I live in the dorms and I'm never really alone anymore. Is this a self esteem issue? I'm just sick of wasting energy on it.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 03:51 PM

I don't think it's a paranoid issue!

And as for getting depressed, it might be that your world is too structured on being around people, or that you (whether its conscious or subconscious)don't want to be left out, or be alone.

Have you had problems with depressions in the past?

As for not having alone time... maybe you need to find a balance in your life, between time with other people and time by yourself, and you'll need to find a way to do this (both time wise and when it comes to space to be alone... )

Feb 6, 2009, 07:38 PM
    I'm on lexapro right now for depression. Yes. That makes more sense. I never feel satisfied with my life. There's always something wrong with it. I have two really close friends that I know will always be there and a bunch of others, but I always feel like I'm alone.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2009, 03:11 AM
    I don't think that's uncommon for depression! I have felt like that when I've been depressed as well. When I was in high school... I hated fridays, they always filled me up with this empty, hollowed out feeling. No matter what I had going on that weekend.

I know others who have felt the same way while being depressed... like this natural ambivalence. Where nothing is EVER quite right.

Feb 7, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Exactly! Well it's nice to know that I'm not the only one. I'm going to start seeing my therapist again, so hopefully I'll get it figured out. Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2009, 12:35 PM

No problem ;) yeah that sounds like a good idea! I see a therapist as well. LOL I find it very helpful.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I paranoid [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, Well here I go, I have known a guy for a few years and just found out a couple of weeks ago that he liked me, after I have gotten out of a 2 year relationship with someone else, well we hit off, we would text, Im and call each other, well I got sick one night at his house and left without an...

I'm Paranoid [ 1 Answers ]

I have been going out with someone for 1 year. He is at university in Cardiff, and I have seen things in the internet (photos, bogs and so on) to suggest he is cheating or has done.. I also looked at his private mail and seen messages from a girl.. I know I shouldn't have looked as it is private....

Paranoid I am [ 2 Answers ]

I keep feeling paranoid. How? When I'm sitting in this little sort of crammed, probably cozy room, I keep thinking that behind me which is a window is a bunch of school friends or jocks or people from my school or some one watching me and laughing and probably even taking pictures of me. My...

How do I know for sure. Am I just paranoid? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband, daughter, and I moved to Virginia because of the Navy. We moved into an apartment that we have been living in for a year now. I have noticed that most of the property and buildings here are very old. I have always felt like there is someone else in my apartment with me. I have not...

Am I just paranoid? [ 10 Answers ]

I thought I knew a lot, but every now and them I get stumpped and this one has me paranoid. Recently my internet connection has slowed or in some cases stopped, its not my ISP, I'v asked and I think I'm the victim of some sort of snooper or some dormant trogan or virus. When I open up my...

View more questions Search