Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 02:37 PM
    Come on. Really?
    House votes to delay digital TV transition - Digital Home- msnbc.com

People have had 18 months to buy those DTV converter boxes, I'm sick of the commercials and the constant "warnings" about "your tv may not work as of February 17" and now we have to put up with it for another 4 months?

REALLY?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Feb 4, 2009, 03:31 PM
    Be a cryin' shame if my TV didn't work and I lost some weight doing other stuff while waiting for my coupon to arrive...

I'd like to know how they come up with the dates. Tuesday Feb. 17 and Friday, June 12 :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 4, 2009, 03:33 PM

I agree on this one. Anyone not aware of this, has bigger problems then going without TV.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2009, 04:04 PM

The government ran out of funding for their vouchers, so a lot of people have not gotten their vouchers to get their units free. ( you all know tax payers are paying for all of those units)

I forgot how many extra millions or was it billions had to be approved to issue more vouchers
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 4, 2009, 05:39 PM
    People who aren't ready for the Digital TV transition won't be ready in 4 months!
    :rolleyes:
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    The government ran out of funding for thier vouchers, so alot of people have not gotten thier vouchers to get their units free. ( you all know tax payers are paying for all of those units)

I forgot how many extra millions or was it billions had to be approved to issue more vouchers
    Yup, I don't get it, for the first time ever people are being asked to pay $40 for a box, a one-time fee, to get free TV and it's causing this much of a problem. I'm willing to bet it will be delayed again.

They shouldn't have started this free voucher program, people had 18 months! That's about $2 a month they had to save...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2009, 06:48 PM

And sadly while I know it is somewhat simple, a lot of elderly can not understand the adapter box. Telling them to leave the TV on channel 2 or 3 and change it with a remote, and now channel 12 that has been channel 12 for 50 years is not 12, it is 3.4 or something silly.
    I have tried to show 10 or 12 people in a senior living, and you can't believe the confussion.
    02lthomam Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2009, 06:56 PM

Some people have only just got used to normal TV, I don't think there ready to get in to a relatioship with "digital tv", they just haven't got the commitment :'(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search