Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2006, 03:17 PM
    Video's Too Dark
    Hi all,

I've recently wiped my PC but now I am having some trouble with videos on it - they are all too dark. These are MPG, AVI and a few other video types. The codecs I have installed are the latest version of the K-Lite Mega Codec pack (so ffdshow). I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling but it seems that the standard Windows codec is also a bit naff.

I can adjust the picture levels via ffdshow but I would never get it right. I just want the videos to work straight away. Does anyone have any clevers tips on getting this sorted?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2006, 08:21 AM
    Don't you just hate it when you are doing a Google search for your problem and end up at one of your own posts in the top 5 search results :P
    schmithi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2006, 01:29 AM
    Hi,

Igot the same problem with my GForce GT 6600.

Solution was to install the right driver from the NVIDIA Homepage.

Previously I installed the US Version (about 40MB)of the driver, because I installed Win XP and all other applications in english.

After installing the international driver ( about 60MB), the videos worked fine.

Greetings
    Thilo

Hi,

Another solution to this problem:

http://forums.thatcomputerguy.us/ind...howtopic=14226

Thilo
    Zerez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by schmithi
    Hi,

Igot the same problem with my GForce GT 6600.

Solution was to install the right driver from the NVIDIA Homepage.

Previously I installed the US Version (about 40MB)of the driver, because I installed Win XP and all other applications in english.

After installing the international driver ( about 60MB), the videos worked fine.

Greetings
    Thilo

Hi,

another solution to this problem:

Videos Play Too Dark - That Computer Guy's Help Forum

Thilo

Well man, in that link they explained to me everything I needed I wasn't looking right at the overlay color settings, so thanks Thilo, and thanks to that guy that realized something pretty easy was making his life pretty hard.
    Greetings from mexico
    Zerez

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too dark of color [ 2 Answers ]

OK.. so on Saturday morning I dyed my hair a light/medium brown and put highlights in it. Of course my boyfriend told me the highlights look orangy.. so me being the genius that I am :D.. decided to buy DARK BROWN hair dye and dye it.. It came out SO bad.. it was streaky and diffferent colors and...

Too Dark [ 2 Answers ]

I'm real dark and I'm tired of being teased about it and I was looking for a way to lighten my skin guadually without bleaching and I was wondering if cocoa butter lighten skin. :)

Dye too dark [ 1 Answers ]

I got a very loose perm approximately one week ago... a little fuzzy but can curl it.. however, I dyed it a light ash blonde when I normally dye it lightest ash, or lightest beige... Just did this yesterday.. what is the best/safest home remedy?? Thanks so much... thinking of going bald would...

In the dark [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a very unusual problem with my home. We just moved in 2 months ago and there were no problems with the side. In our bedroom we had a TV, cable box, clock radio and one light. For the last two months everything was working. Now for what ever reason all the power in bedroom and the...

View more questions Search