Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 04:02 AM
    Money due from internet art site
    I have made and sold graphic art prints on line through a well known site.
    They owe me money and I have not been able to resolve this with them through on line communication. They claim to have sent me checks but I moved and never changed my address.The checks were not cashed and they won't cut me a new check. I have updated my information with them and no one will explain to me what happened to the checks that were never cashed.

I was given a phone number to call and I get put on hold and then cut off ,etc.and basically get the run around.I have minutes on my phone and can't spend all day getting the run around.

I no longer do business with them but I want what is due me.

Any suggestions?

Thank-you in advance! Michele
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2009, 04:18 AM

Hi, artlady!

If it were me, I would try to find additional phone numbers to contact them. Also, a letter from an attorney on the letterhead of an attorney might be something that you could try.

Just my initial thoughts...

Thanks!
    WebsiteSolution Posts: 85, Reputation: 10

Feb 4, 2009, 06:55 AM
    I agree, do an internet search and find additional numbers and the name of an actual person.

Or, pretend to be a person interested in selling products on their site and ask questions about their procedures for payments etc. They may "accidentally" tell you the procedure for recooping funds because they will think you are a potential new customer and they want your business.

Good Luck
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Hello artlady:

Sue 'em!! You've done ENOUGH talking...

If they're local or do business in your state, they SHOULD have a registered agent in your state. You can find out who he is through your Secretary of State, or the Corporations Commission (it's called different things in different states). But, whatever it's called, they'll have the name and address you're going to need.

If they're NOT registered in your state, a small claims action won't work. Maybe, you could travel to THEIR state to sue them?? Hopefully, they're right next door.

But, if you can't sue them, and bothering them doesn't produce a check, I'd start a letter writing campaign against them. I write really good nasty letters too. Hopefully, you can too.

My FIRST letter would be to aforemention commission complaining that this company is ILLEGALLY doing business in your state. Send the bad guys copies of ALL your letters.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet site logging [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings, I am looking for a service that logs every website visited, and then sends the information to a designated email address. This is useful for parents who are aware that children today are computer savvy enough to bypass the conventional parental controls? Any suggestions? Thanks a...

Documentation of accessing an internet site [ 2 Answers ]

I am curious as to whether my computer keeps a record of each internet site accessed and the last time it was accessed. I just received a statement from a credit card company which I pay on line each month. My husband paid it this past month and he didn't print out a receipt. The statement I...

How do I check a company or Internet Site with the Internet Better Business Bureau? [ 1 Answers ]

I sometimes find a company or Internet Website, that has not certificate etc. How do I check them out with the BBB for the Internet?

Blocking an internet site from my computer [ 6 Answers ]

I have searched this website for an answer to my question and tried all the solutions listed with no success. My computer is shared with the household and someone keeps logging on to a dirty site, to prevent this from happening, I want to block access to the site completely. Can this be possible...

Internet site [ 1 Answers ]

I there a website where I can watch full length movies for free and safly? Or download.

View more questions Search