Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Feb 4, 2009, 12:53 AM
    Wondering about seroquel
    I was wondering how someone can get seroquel without getting it prescribed because I know someone taking it and I knew they've had bipolar disorder all this time but he says he isn't on medication but he is taking the medication, it doesn't make sense, just the way he acts I sensed he is bipolar and even his family I don't know if he went and got evaluated but he won't tell me that, when I asked how he got on the medication he said he's not on medication and told me to shut up
    loopy123 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2009, 12:37 AM
    Quetiapine (Oral Route)
    Drug Information provided by: Micromedex

ARTICLE SECTIONS
    US Brand Names
    Description
    Before Using
    Proper Use
    Precautions
    Side Effects

Back to top US Brand Names
    Seroquel
    Seroquel XR

Back to top Description
    Quetiapine is used to treat psychotic disorders, such as schizophrenia. It is also used to treat symptoms of bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness). This medicine has NOT been approved to treat behavioral problems in older adult patients who have dementia .

Quetiapine is available only with your doctor's prescription .

This product is available in the following dosage forms:

Tablet
    Tablet, Extended Release
    Back to top Before Using
    In deciding to use a medicine, the risks of taking the medicine must be weighed against the good it will do. This is a decision you and your doctor will make. For this medicine, the following should be considered:

Allergies

:p
    lmtpharm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 02:20 PM
    Seroquel is indicated for many different conditions, which include types of bipolar disorder. It can be used alone or in combination with a mood stabilizer. Seroquel is a serious drug and should NEVER be taken without a prescription. Psychiatric issues and the medications involved are a very personal matter. Many people do not want to discuss it until they are ready. The best thing to do is to be supportive.
    MarMar27 Posts: 458, Reputation: 7

Feb 10, 2009, 01:25 AM

Could someone have just given it to him, someone that may be bipolar and taking the medication?. How do they evaluate and set you up for medication? Do they just ask you a series of questions? Or do they actually do like a scan of the brain?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just wondering [ 8 Answers ]

Am an active weed smoker and on most days snort crystal and my boyfriend smokes every day about 3-4 times. Can this affect the chances of us well me getting pregnant?I'm worried I do want to have kids. I know it can take time to conceive but everyone around me is pregnant. We have sex on an average...

Wondering if I'm having pregnancy symptoms. [ 10 Answers ]

Okay first off I was getting sick a lot threw the day Then my nipples are really really sore Today November 17th I was sapose to get my monthly flow only 2 little light pink spots came out. When should I test and do you think its possiable that I am pregnant?

Wondering If its normal or OK [ 3 Answers ]

I am worried Because I might be pregnant. I was late with my period for about 3 1/2 weeks then I got really stressed out one day and it started. I had bad cramping for 2 days and my period for almost a week. It doesn't feel like a normal period, I have been getting really offend by certain things...

Seroquel and how long in the system? [ 1 Answers ]

I took some of my boyfriends seroquel (150 mg) so I could get some sleep. That was not right of me to do but I haven't sleep in about a 4 days (maybe about 12 hrs total if that!) anyway... I was wondering how long it will be in my system? I have to have a drug test due to work... any help?

View more questions Search