Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peacelove712 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 09:49 PM
    How Do I Deal With My Dad's GF?
    Well here is my story. My parents called it quits when I was 17. Since then my dad and my brother and me were to ourselves. Since then my dad had meant someone. I'm way over my parents ever being together. In fact my mom re-married and found a really nice guy. My dad's girlfriend moved in after she was kicked out of her house. We lived in a 4 bedroom house. We also have 3 cats. She knew all of this before moving in. She came in and turned our lives up side down. She took over everything. Her kids who are 9 and 14. Also took over everything.

She hated my cat who is 15 years old and doesn't bug anyone. She hates him, because it was a give to my mom from my dad years ago. She has hit him more than once. I tend to take things to heart. She knows this and uses it on me. I have lost friends, because of her. She sends them text about how much of a bad person I am. She had a baby with my dad and gave it up. Now blames me, but if you ask her she lies about it and says she didn't.

She sends me text all the time. Just putting me down. I used to watch her kids 5$ a day. Found out that you really subpost to get paid more. She puts down my mom. A women she has never saw before. Calls my mom names. Yet knows nothing about it. It had goten to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and left. She is now over joy about this. Tried to be nice to me. Manily because my dad told her something. I no longer want to have anything to do with this person. Yet she sends me these mean text to my phone. I have tried to just pretend she is not there.

I don't know what else to do. Can anyone tell me how I should deal with this?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 08:41 AM
    How old are you now? If you are over the age of 18, you need to find a job, move out and keep yourself mentally healthy so you don't get pulled into this nonsense. Be responsible for yourself. Tell dad you love him and you are ready for a great, challenging, responsible way of life. Don't let ignorant people bring you down. Just think, the longer it goes on face to face with you... the more it becomes you. STOP it now, make good choices for yourself. Good luck! :)
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Feb 4, 2009, 08:48 AM

She is your step mom, you do not have to like her so don't try and feel forced, moving out is prob the best thing you could have done, the only reason why she bad mouthing you mom id because she is jelous you mom was prob a better one than her... this kind of sounds like a cinderella story, don't take her rudeness to heart when she says rude things to you, just say "ok" "whatever" acting like something doesn't bother you make the person against you more mad . All she wants to do is get a rise out of you, don't let her do it, eventually she will just give up.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 08:51 AM
    You call your dad, talk with him, meet him for lunch an that is all. YOu don't have to have any contact with her at all. If she texts you, do not respond. Be good to yourself.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 08:53 AM

She sounds a little wacked if you ask me.I would avoid her at all costs and if she continues to harass you inform her you are going to press charges for harassment. Keep your text messages to prove your case.

It is too bad that this may interfere with your relationship with your Dad but he needs to be objective and see your side.

Who hits a cat? That is crazy!
    rail1911 Posts: 27, Reputation: 3

Feb 4, 2009, 11:26 AM

I would have to say one of the most important things you need to do is tell your father what she is doing to you and how she is talking to you. Show him the text messages and explain to him how she makes you feel. Understand that you are your fathers daughter and if something like this is really bothering you two things need to happen, 1. if you are of age you are going to have to move out and explain to him that it is because of the woman in his life that is driving you away. 2. He is going to realize what the truth is and is going to have to talk with her and if it doesn't change she is going to be the one that is going to be moving out. I can't fully understand what your going through but I can give you the best advice on what I feel needs to happen.
    Good luck!
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2009, 12:01 PM

Hire a hitman.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dad's debt [ 1 Answers ]

My dad has credit cards solely in his name. My mom and dad own a house together. Is my mom responsible for his credit card debt? They live in New York.

My mom and Dad's rules [ 31 Answers ]

Well, I have something to ask, and It's bothering me so much. There's this boy who asked me out. I like him he likes me, But My Mom and Dad forbid me to date him! My Dad still sees me as his "little girl" but I'm grown up now, and I think I may love this guy. HELP!

My dad's fever won't go away [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I need help. My dad has had a high fever for about four days now and it won't go away. He already went to the doctor but he won't take the medication. He says his body will just run its course. He's about 53 and in pretty good physical...

Dad's rights [ 3 Answers ]

What should I do if my 6 month old daughters mum only lets me see my baby for a couple of hours on a Saturday and won't let me look after her over night? :confused:

View more questions Search