Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronjenbrannam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 04:57 PM
    How to move pipes in mobile home or trailer
    We live in a double wide trailer and are wanting to take out our garden tube and tile in a shower there. How can we move the pipes to accomidate use for a shower installation? I would like to know if anyone has done this before or seen it done. We are wanting to make sure we do it right. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2009, 08:19 PM

This can be done, but it should be done with someone who has plumbing experience to be sure that the water pipes and discharge pipes are properly moved. If the pipes are not sealed properly the whole assembly could come apart and make quite a flood in the home. A mobile home is essentially no different than a regular home plumbing wise, but a mobile home is different in that when you are cutting through the underbelly of the home to access these pipes, you need to properly tape up that underbelly when you are finished or the pipes will freeze. You need to get special belly tape as regular duct tape will not hold onto the underbelly material. Also you need to use a heat gun or a hair dryer to "set" the belly tape properly onto the underbelly to stick properly.

Try calling up a mobile home repair place and get an estimate from them to do the work. Sometimes if you supply the material the repairguy will do the work for you. Ask before you buy the materials though, as some repair guys won't do it that way.

And while you're at it, when you do the remodeling of this bathroom, you'll have to live elsewhere as you will not be able to turn the water on at all until everything is completed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We are being forced to move out of our mobile home park [ 10 Answers ]

We were told last week we had to move out by the end of June. (all 300 mobile homes) The reason, the Dept of environmental quality told the owners in 2002 they needed to upgrade the sewer treatment system. They did nothing. We were not aware of this information until last week. Can I stop...

Conversion of mobile home to single family home [ 5 Answers ]

In 1995, we bought some land & moved a salvaged mobile home on it. The mobile wasn't permanent meaning we only needed to live in it until we could build our house. We first added onto the mobile a 12x60 section. We then began to tear down the mobile home & eventually added a front section. The...

How to change pipes and move toilet [ 1 Answers ]

We need to move the toilet back 4 inches towards the bathroom wall. How do we cut and change the drain pipes and can we replace the drain with new plastic pipe? We have already cut around and through the subfloor and exposed about have about 2 feet around the drain. Thank you in advance.

Land owner won't let me move my mobile home [ 18 Answers ]

Can the owner of the land keep my mobile home? What do I need to file in court in order to move my mobile home?

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

View more questions Search