Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amaraya Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 03:48 PM
    Long distance relationship for a short period of time- what to do?
    Hey, any time I have asked a question I have always gotten some really hopeful and helpful answers- so here goes...

My boyfriend will be moving to europe for a great job opportunity in just a few weeks... he really wants my son and I to come and feels he is ready to be a family, taking this job because it is a career with better pay, security and hours... the thing is that he will be in europe and I will be in the u.s for 4 months before meeting with him there...

In a way it's good because it gives me time to tie up some loose ends here, and he can find a flat that will accommodate all 3 of us and get settled in his job b/f we get there...

What are some good points of advice to make the 4 months work in our favor? I am a bit worried that this time will create an emotional distance b/tween us.

I also am worried that our worries will get the better of us (what is he/she doing). We have been apart for 2-3 before and it's been fine, but 4 months is quite a bit longer...

Also, we have not even spoken about fears of cheating, etc. 4 months is quite a bit of time alone and apart, and I think it's best to not even think of these things because it complicates an already (slightly) complicated situation..

Does any one have any advice on how to make it work, how to avoid worries, suspicions and all those crazy mind-games that come up when you are far apart from the one you love? Thanks so much!
    sully123 Posts: 567, Reputation: 148

Feb 3, 2009, 04:31 PM

Why would you worry about cheating, if your both in love with each other? He sounds like he really loves you and your son. Four months goes fast, enjoy your time here until you get too Europe, and start your new life. It's a new beginning for you. Keep yourself busy go out with your friends here, while your still in the US. And then make the most of Europe. Good luck.
    amaraya Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Thanks so much for your quick answer! I think I worry because it feels like it'll be a long time! And because everyone seems to think this is a concern- I have resigned myself not to even think about that though, and my boyfriend has done the same... in the mean time it gives us a great chance to prepare and miss each other- and enjoy the thrill of seeing each other after so long!!

Thanks so much again- your answer really helped!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 6, 2009, 01:13 AM

This may help,

Long Distance Relationship Advice | The Frisky

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Long Distance Relationship [ 6 Answers ]

I'm currently in a long distance relationship. My boyfriend and I are about 2100 miles away!! :( It's 2 months until I see him again, and its been 3months since I've seen him. Has anyone ever been in a long distance relationship or is in one? Write your stories here:)

Long distance relationship? [ 45 Answers ]

Do long distance relationships ever work. We both really love each other. We met over the internet and ave only met once so far vut he's coming again next week. But after that I won't see him for ages. The problem is I miss him everyday and its hard not seeing him. I know he wants to give it ago...

Long distance relationship [ 3 Answers ]

I'm still in high school living with a parent. My boyfriend lives 30 min away and he just got out of school. I use to see him every weekend. My parent has kemo every other Saturday which means I can only see him every other weekend. When I do see him my parent watches us the whole time. We only...

Long distance relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys :) guess this can also be just as fun as keeping a relationship alive I know you can't really keep anything because nothing is really yours. And lala and the more you pull the more you push away balh stuff :) I know the mottos What id like is some advice please. Anyone around...

View more questions Search