Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rfwilkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 03:30 PM
    Honda prelude won't start
    I have a 1988 honda prelude it turns over but won't start changed the ecm new plugs cap roter and wires the main relay seems to be working it clicks when I turn the key to the on position the check engine light is not showing any codes it just stay on please help I am lost
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2009, 04:05 PM

Since the Check Engine Light stays on, the problem is with the ACG (ALT) (S) fuse, in the underdash fuse box; ECM (perform the K-Test); Main Relay; or the Ignition Switch. Perform tests in that order.

. Check all underdash and underhood fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

. Clean the main ECM ground, likely located on the thermostat housing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 1998 Honda Prelude won't start.AGAIN! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Honda Prelude DOHC VtEC that I just bought with about 97000 miles on it. I was with the guy that sold it to me when the timing belt broke. I got it checked and replaced the timing belt and water pump. He advised me of the ever so popular problem with the main relay. I replaced...

Honda Prelude 89. Would not start when it is hot outside [ 1 Answers ]

Honda Prelude 89. Would not start when it is warm outside but no problems when it is cold (-26). I had this car for 13 years and it always worked. In the last couple of years, it starts right away when it is cold outside but not if it's warm outside(32+). Most times, I can push start it ( manual...

Honda Prelude AC on/off [ 2 Answers ]

I have 92 Honda prelude, the ac ii sometime on for a while then the compressor clutch is disenge then working again. I checked the freon is OK around 35psi, pulled and checked clutch Relay?? It looks OK and ran fine for 8 hrs then clutch disengage and I have to turn off AC switch then back on and...

Honda Prelude [ 1 Answers ]

How do you set the timing on a 1990 Honda Prelude 2.0?

92 Honda Prelude H23 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Honda Prelude H23 and when I try to start it, it cranks over but the fuel pump doesn't come on and the moter isn't getting spark could that be the ECM Relay if so can you tell me where it is located at THANKS

View more questions Search