Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Captain_Brown Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 07:52 AM
    Tomboy or Girly Girl
    I need help on deciding whether I am a tomboy. I was asking myself a lot, and I need to know, so when I go on my first day of Middle School I'll be able to tell others my personality. Here are a list of hobbies and interests, and how I dress.

My interests and hobbies are:
    Serve and Protect my friends and family, first aid, Math, Science, homework, school, study, Soccer, Football, collecting hardware, and helping others.

I wear basketball shorts, athletic pants, jeans, cargo pants, t-shirt, and tennis shoes every day. I have a short hair-cut. I hate wearing pink and purple. I hate dressing up.

Am I a tomboy or not?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2006, 07:55 AM
    Don't try to put a label like that on yourself. Be yourself and let the only label you get be Nice Person, Good Person, etc.

... just my angle on it.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2006, 01:50 PM
    I agree with Rick.

Who cares what you are.

Let other people see you as a nice and kind person. One who protects your friends, is nice to people, and that is all that matters.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Aug 9, 2006, 03:38 PM
    Agreed.

Enough labels will be applied to you by others, I see no need to try and pre-manage that by giving yourself labels.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 9, 2006, 04:42 PM
    Today's tomboy could be tomorrow's girly girl. For now you are curious and exploring and that's really good, Cap't Brown.

Welcome to AMHD too!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2006, 06:16 PM
    "Tomboy" is merely a label, although without as much of a negative connotation as "sissy." I believe that people should be themselves ; however, I also believe that men should be men and women should be women. If you or others feel concerned that you are maybe a bit too "masculine" then you should address the issues that seem to be driving you to that. Are you the only girl from a family of several brothers? Is your mother or father overbearing and constantly reminding you that they wanted a boy but got you instead? These are common issues that tend to lead to "tomboyish" behavior in girls.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2006, 11:38 AM
    I agree with every one else just be yourself. That's the main thing

Aug 18, 2006, 05:55 AM
    Thank You all for your help. I didn't mean to label myself. I wanted to see what I acted more like.
    Here_To_Help- Jon Posts: 97, Reputation: 26

Aug 18, 2006, 10:05 AM
    You likes and dislike don't tell me that you are a tomboy nor a girly girl. I agree with the others about being you and not labeling. You are unique. Period. I like your interests and hobbies - you mention twice about helping/serving others - nice trait... keep it :)
    asd_ali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Brown
    I need help on deciding whether or not I am a tomboy. I was asking myself a lot, and I need to know, so when I go on my first day of Middle School I'll be able to tell others my personality. Here are a list of hobbies and interests, and how I dress.

Serve and Protect my friends and family, first aid, Math, Science, homework, school, study, Soccer, Football, collecting hardware, and helping others.

I wear basketball shorts, athletic pants, jeans, cargo pants, t-shirt, and tennis shoes every day. I have a short hair-cut. I hate wearing pink and purple. I hate dressing up.

Am I a tomboy or not?
    Hi I think you are in between!
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Dec 23, 2006, 08:27 AM
    I am a tomboy I don't want to label myself but I would prefer to be called a boy
    I like girls I wear jeans and t shirt personnaly the labels arnt the problem though people have hated me for being lesbian who cares their problem right what I find hard this may sound weird is when they don't let you in the girls bathroom so be yourself but I'm not going to change even if people kill me because I'm a lesbian at least ill send hopefully a strong message
    But if people label you try not to become the label
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Dec 23, 2006, 08:27 AM
    Oh and like means have crushes

Dec 28, 2006, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by akms
    i am a tomboy i dont want to label myself but i would prefer to be called a boy
    i like girls i wear jeans and t shirt personnaly the labels arnt the problem though people have hated me for being lesbian who cares their problem right what i find hard this may sound weird is when they dont let you in the girls bathroom so be yourself but im not gonna change even if people kill me because im a lesbian at least ill send hopefully a strong mesage
    but if people label you try not to become the label
    That's a good idea. You have a point there.
    Jesus_girl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 04:54 PM
    I need help on deciding whether or not I am a tomboy. I was asking myself a lot, and I need to know, so when I go on my first day of Middle School I'll be able to tell others my personality. Here are a list of hobbies and interests, and how I dress.

Am I a tomboy or not?
    I would have to think you are a tomboy!!

Can you answer my questions??

I walk around in jeans and white tees. What am I??
    MidnightGuardian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 04:12 PM

Am I a tomboy or not?
    Well, I'm kind of like you, and I'm a tomboy, but labeling can be bad...
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 2, 2007, 06:08 PM

Am I a tomboy or not?
    It does not matter whether your hair is short or long.. whether you hate pink or purple or like it... it's fine.

It's about you.
    You are a unique person and you are who you are.
    People should love you for who you are, be friends with you for who you are.

Never label yourself.
    Stay true to yourself.

Obviously you are not a shallow person and that in itself is a great thing.

Relax, be who you are.

It's all fine.
    rockstar567 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2007, 01:36 PM

Am I a tomboy or not?
    Hearing about what your hobbies & what you wear you sound like a tomboy.. but in middle school it could change
    Snowbie Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 06:35 PM

I would say tomboy but try to be yourself..
    Animatea Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 12:10 AM

Label is a NO NO.
    I go by people personality :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 05:17 AM

Again, very old post - reopened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Change into a girly girl [ 9 Answers ]

Ok guys and gals, I am afraid I have to change into a girly girl because in the future Grandma is taking me on a shopping trip, and other girly things I have to do. PLEASE HELP! What do I have to do to make this trasition? What kind of clothes do I have to wear. I don't want to be a girly girl,...

Help with a girl... [ 5 Answers ]

I have known this girl all year but I have only recently started talking to her she is a very nice girl but my problem is not her its more around her she is mexican I am white and I have a very traditional family that is not really even the major problem I was recently thinking of asking her out...

Help with a girl [ 10 Answers ]

Just to help you guys out, I will be a freshman in high school next year. I have been on dates with plenty of girls my age and older but none of them are quite like this girl. She however is a year younger than I am and will not yet be in high school. (she looks older than she is and acts more...

Don't know what to do about this girl [ 8 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with this girl at my school. She's really someone special to me, but I just don't know what to do anymore. Here's the situation. There's a girl at my school named Amber, and she is so cool. She's real, she's fun to just be around, and I think she's really cute. We've...

View more questions Search