Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandy Lee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 01:21 PM
    My toilets won't flush properly.
    We just had the pipe between the house and septic replaced as it had broken and the sewer all backed up into our house, everything seemed to be working fine for the first 2 days and now my 2 toilets (one on the first floor and one on the second floor) are acting up. When I flush them the bowl fills with water but doesn't go down right away it just slowly drains even when we use the plunger. I have tried putting chemicals in to declog the pipes thinking this might work but it didn't. Also when the water drains from the tub or washer(both on the first floor) then I can hear it bubbling in the upstairs toilet, but it doesn't overflow. The rest of the drains are working fine. Could there be a plug in the pipes between the toilets and the septic and if so how do I get it uncloged?

P.S. We had the septic pumped when the pipe was replaced as well.

Thanks Sandy Lee
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2009, 01:35 PM

Does sound like a clog, If your house allows, I would try dumping a drywall bucket of water quickly down each Vent pipe on the roof if it applies.
    Couple of good plumbers here, may give some better/additional info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WHen it rains a lot our toilets will not flush! [ 12 Answers ]

We are having some sort of plumbing problem. When it rains for several days our toilets will not flush. We never have trouble with the showers or sinks, however while having this problem, when we take a shower the toilet does gurgle, but the shower drains fine. Could this be aproblem with the...

Why my toilets flush 2 time evertime [ 5 Answers ]

Toilet flushes 2 times every time

Both bathtubs clogged and toilets won't flush [ 6 Answers ]

Both our bathtubs are clogged and both toilets won't flush. We've tried Zepp in both tubs and one seemed to drain fine while the other one didn't. We then tried the snake and couldn't get it to go in the bathtub with the drain problem more than two feet or so. We were able to remove some hair from...

Gurgling in pipes after all toilets flush [ 6 Answers ]

What causes pipes to make a moaning/gurgling sound after flushing toilets? And how can I fix it? We live in a 107-year old house and have lived here for the past three years. About a month or so, we started to hear our pipes after flushing the toilets. You can hear the sound from one of the...

Toilets don't flush at the same time [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a new house only 1 1/2 years old no basement and one story 2000 sqare feet. We have two toilets. On occasion one toilet gets stuffed and does not flush properly occasionally both tolitets at the same time do the same. Ive snaked it many times and get it work for a while, but ihappens...

View more questions Search