Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonysgrlaz Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 08:33 AM
    Surgery for a hydrocele with no health insurance
    My boyfriend does not have health insurance any longer. He has had a hydrocele for over a year now. He has gotten it drained several times at the Doctor's office but it just fills right back up after a short period. It needs to be surgically repaired. We do not know where to turn next. We do not have $5000 to have the surgery. Hospitals won't work with us and put us on a payment plan. It's becoming more and more difficult for him to work with a giant breast between his legs!! We don't know where to turn to for some medical help. He pays taxes like everyone else but his employer does not offer health insurance and no one is willing to help. We live in Arizona between Phoenix and Tucson. Does anyone know of any medical facilities or Doctor's that are willing to help and work with you to get you healthy again at a low cost. I know stupid question! We're at our wits end.
    retiredforgood Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2009, 09:01 PM

I would say it is becoming an emergency, therefore, I would suggest that he go to an emergency room at the nearest hospital.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 09:10 PM
    How old is your boyfriend? Hydroceles are common in infants, and even in adults are usually harmless. However, it can be a precursor to testicular cancer. He NEEDS to see a doctor asap. He cannot be turned down for lack of ability to pay.

For further information please read this. Hydrocele - MayoClinic.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

How can health insurance be made effective?

Health Insurance [ 7 Answers ]

I have had an existing kidney condition since I was six years old. I have had to have half of my left kidney removed. I also smoke so it's hard to find affordable health insurance. Do you have any ideas of any companies that will allow me health insurance at affordable price.

Health insurance [ 7 Answers ]

Some of you may already know that I've been looking for affordable health insurance for my family. I have a few questions. What are these companies that I'm calling that look up different quotes for you and say that they will be your agent to deal with the insurance company? Do you have to...

Health insurance - will current employer cover surgery? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, This question may seem silly, but I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered. I am going to have surgery to repair a torn acl. The surgery is probably going to occur on July 18th. My final day of employment at my current job could be July 27th. I am assuming that my...

Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have never bought private medical cover, critical illness insurance, Loss of earnings insurance, etc. I know that there is various advice and Web sites to help you lower your car insurance, but what, If any, facilities exist to help you shop around for these other types of insurance?...

View more questions Search