Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    no_name_84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 06:08 AM
    Statistics Homework
    A recent article suggested that if you earn $25,000 a year today and the inflation rate continues at 3 percent per year, you'll need to make $33,598 in 10 years to have the same buying power. You would need to make $44,771 if the inflation rate jumped to 6 percent. Confirm that these statements are accurate by finding the geometric mean rate of increase.
    no_name_84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by no_name_84 View Post
    A recent article suggested that if you earn $25,000 a year today and the inflation rate continues at 3 percent per year, you'll need to make $33,598 in 10 years to have the same buying power. You would need to make $44,771 if the inflation rate jumped to 6 percent. Confirm that these statements are accurate by finding the geometric mean rate of increase.
    I know I need to use the mean standard deviation but I am getting all mixed up and am not sure here
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 3, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statistics homework [ 3 Answers ]

0 2 0 0 5 2 5 2 0 15 Consider the following 10 samples. 3.1 calculate the first quartile for these 10 measurements, and interpret your answere 3.2 calculate the mean, median and mode 3.3 is the distribution of these measurements skewed? If so, in which direction? Give reason for your...

Statistics homework! [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, here is the problem I'm stuck on The heights of women aged 20 to 29 follow approximately the N(64, 2.7) distribution. Men the same age have heights distributed as N(69.3,2.8). What percent of young men are shorter than the mean height of young women? I have been trying to figure out...

Statistics [ 1 Answers ]

12) A metropolitan bus system sampler's rider counts on one of its express commuter routes for a week. Use the following data to establish whether rider ship is evenly balanced by day of the week. Let = 0.05. Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Rider 10 34 21 57 ...

Homework language homework [ 1 Answers ]

You see well I have this homeworkassighmentthat isdo first thing in the morning so all I ask is that you write down some words in azorean langugauge! Words: Pencil Sharpener Paper Crayon Pen Binder

Statistics [ 3 Answers ]

True or False T F 1. P(X > x ) + P(X < x) + P(X = x) = 1. T F 2. If P(X > x) = 0.34 and P(X = x) = 0.10, then P(X £ x) = 0.56. T F 3. In a probability histogram, the area of each rectangle equals the probability that the random variable will...

View more questions Search