Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stangs1985 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 09:07 PM
    Probation violation.ARRESTED
    I was put on probation in Effingham County back in September for a speeding ticket. I had to pay my fees, take the "driving the right way" dui class and defensive driving. I paid off all my probation fees a month or so ago, but haven't taking defensive driving and didn't finish the "drving the right way class", so I'm pretty much still on probation even though its paid off. On Thursday January 22 I was pulled over for a seatbelt in Chathem County. They searched my car found a tiny bit of weed in a cigarette box in my car that I didn't realize was there. I posted bond and called my PO the very next morning but got her voicemail. Called her again today but still haven't heard nothing back from her. Hasn't called me or anything. My scheduled appointment with her is tomorrow. What are the chances of me getting locked up tomorrow?? And what is going to happen to me with these new charges?? I've NEVER been arrested for anything. The only thing I have on my record is speeding tickets and a wreck or 2. please help... thank you

Josiah Cheeks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 09:17 PM
    Almost no chance, the two crimes not really related, and seldom do they revolk the speeding ticket BUT>>>>
    Why the DUI class, were you also DUI and speeding, then the DUI and now a drug charge, there is a better chance.

So what was the original, was it just "speeding" or was it more

Also what state, Effingham, if that is Effingham ILL, well even I drive miles out of my way not to drive though that city, I had such bad experience with their courts

Feb 2, 2009, 09:29 PM
    No it wasn't a DUI too. I have no clue why they made me take that class. And I'm on probation in Effingham county GA. I was arrested in Chathem County GA.(savannah). So yea the original was just speeding. What you think?
    Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 09:40 PM

Nah, while of course anything is possible, I just could not see it happening,

Also is this probation though a private probation company, most cities use private probation companies in GA.

Feb 2, 2009, 09:43 PM

Nah its not. Its just the regular effingham county probation office... I went and talked to a couple lawyers today. They had me scared out of my mind that I was going to get arrested when I go up there tomorrow. I guess I just need to remember that they're lawyers trying to sell theirself to me... right?
    Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 09:46 PM

And PO's get to mess with you, a benefit of the job.

If I am wrong guess I owe you a soap on the rope

Feb 2, 2009, 09:52 PM

Not funny man... not funny lol thanks though
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Feb 2, 2009, 09:59 PM

Probation for a speeding ticket? Sheesh, remind me never to go back to Georgia.

As far as getting locked up, I would imagine that that would depend on the conditions of your parole.
    Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 10:07 PM

Actually normally probaton in GA is a real racket

They do it by a private company that pays for the right to have you on probaton.

You pay a fee about 30 dollars a month that is just the probation fee for the probatoin company, that is before you pay any fine.

If you can not pay the fine the day of court, they put you on a 6 month probation to "give you time to pay"

So think ot if, that 300 dollar ticket,
    On 6 months probation will be
    180 plus probation fee and the fine or 480 total or 80 dollars a month, so get the idea.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Feb 2, 2009, 10:09 PM

This is why I love the state of Indiana.

Feb 7, 2009, 10:30 AM
    Probation violation.ARRESTED: PART 2
    Thanks to everyone who responded to my 1st question. If you didn't know what's already going on, here it is... I was put on probation in Effingham County back in September for a speeding ticket. I had to pay my fees, take the "driving the right way-dui" and defensive driving classes. I paid off all my probation fees, but haven't taking defensive driving and didn't finish the "drving the right way class" due to work and other situations... I got dismissed and was waiting on the judge to tell me what to do next, so I'm pretty much still on probation even though its paid off. On Thursday January 22 I was pulled over for a seatbelt in Chathem County. They searched my car found a little bit of weed in a cigarette box in my car that I didn't realize was there. I posted bond and called my PO the very next morning but never heard back from her. Blah blah blah...

Well I finally went in for my scheduled meeting with her on Tuesday and she did not arrest me like I feared. She set up a probation hearing on Monday, and she said that she'll give me my next appointment after the hearing. This will be the 2nd time that I have been back in front of the judge. (1st time was for missing that class). What are the chances of him giving me jail time?? I know it may sound like I'm worrying for no reason at all... but this was the 1st time I've ever been arrested and the probation thing is worrying me. Even though I'm only on it for a speeding ticket. (not because I couldn't pay it, our judge is just a ). Both violations are in different counties... what do you think?? Help??

Josiah Cheeks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of traffic Probation while on unsupervised crimal probation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced 3 yrs unsupervised probation for 2nd degree assault. He already had a case pending for traffic. He hit a car bumper. Was sentenced to supervised probation and to pay fines for damages of 1,000 dollars. We haven't paid the fine yet, we will at tax time we just haven't had...

Arrested on Probation [ 4 Answers ]

I am 17. I was placed on probation on September 25th for a misdemeanor drinking citation and a misdemeanor altered ID citation. I was also placed on a 6 o clock curfew until I turn 18 on march 11. On November 2, I got arrested for stealing a credit card. I was fired from my job and sent to jail...

Arrested in LA probation out of GA [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was arrested in LA where he is being supervised for GA. He was caught with pills that he did not have a prescription for them on him and DUI. The police didn't see him driving and can't charge him with DUI, but he can produce prescriptions for the pills. The PO is holding him and...

Falsly accused then arrested on a probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! Interesting web site! I'm very desperate for answers. My 27 yr old son is on probation for something extremely stupid he did about 4 yrs ago. He opted to stay on probation for an extended length of time so adjudication would be w/held. He is a full time college student mastering in...

View more questions Search