Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candy23 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 06:54 PM
    Lots of questions about the belly button
    Hey I know I've asked a lot but I'm scared of my belly button getting infected so is it OK if I covered my peirced belly button with a bandaid for like the whole healing prosses? And how long till it heals? And how do I know it healed? And some times I get stomach ache and I get sick is it because of it? I'm really sorry for these question but I'm kind of worried thank you
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 8, 2006, 09:17 PM
    You would probably know it didn't heal if you have any symptoms of an infection.

-fever
    -rash (skin infection)
    -red
    -tender
    -oozing (maybe)
    -feeling yucky (I know, aren't these technical terms? Sorry)

I think you would know if you had an infection. If you have kept it clean, maybe had an antibiotic cream on it (eg. Ozonol, Fucidin), I'm sure it would be fine. I hope this helps at least somewhat. Take care.
    morticia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 01:08 PM
    Hi I really would not put a band aid on it because it really needs air heal but if it looks like itmight be oozing put a little bit of antibiotic ontiment on it just a dab and also when your are in the shower use a little bit of antibacterial soap and lather up their and also turn or rotate you ring it will keep from harding up and it gets it clean. As for the stomach ache I don't think it is the piercing but if you are running a fever maybe check with you doctor.

Aug 9, 2006, 04:43 PM
    I see well I don't have any of it but I'm just scared of getting it you know and I put the bandaid while I'm sleeping and when I get out of the house so it won't get dirty I'm just a little bit freaked out of the infection thing I got to the point that I want to take the ring off you know but anyway thank you very much
    poesia Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2006, 05:47 PM
    I've had my belly button pierced for about a year and a half. My body doesn't take well to piercings, so every now and then it starts to hurt and looks like it's getting infected. Right away I soak it for 5-10 minutes with hot salt water (as hot as I can stand, but not too hot so that it burns me). After I'm done soaking, I clean it with dr. bronner's antibacterial soap. I was told to do this method twice a day for the first 6 months after getting it pierced, and it's worked very well. Usually after doing it only once my belly button feels a lot better and there's no signs of infection, so I would definitely recommend it. Also, I saw in your last post that your ring broke and you were going to change it. I don't know what you ended up doing, but just make sure that it's a good quality ring, like sterling silver, and not something really cheap from somewhere like claire's because that will definitely make it get infected!

Aug 12, 2006, 11:06 PM
    Lol I'm belly button is fine now I'm just worried about the infection part although I clean it more then 6 times a day, and about the bely ring the doctor twisted the back of the ring pretty hard and silly me tried to opened it so it broken into two but I replaced it with a new one and yea its stainless silver one so everything is fine except that there's redess around the hole but I think cause its still sore.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Aug 13, 2006, 07:31 AM
    If you rub something too much you will cause skin irritation.
    Which would explain the redness.

There is a saying too much of a good thing is bad sometimes.
    So only clean it the recommended amount of time daily.
    No more No less
    ch3lcy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 01:22 PM
    I would think that the bandaid would only make it worse in this situation. From what I've heard you kind of need to let the piercing breathe so it can heal faster. I haven't covered mine up at all because I think the moisture that the bandaid produces would just make it more likely to get infected
    briza22 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 04:15 AM
    Comment on aqua@home's post
    Hey i no the real answer lol i have a belly care form from heaps ago wen i got myn perced & the lady said u can tape cotton makeup pads 2 it so it doesn't get adhesdive infection coz u can't infect evry piece of clothen you wear!
    briza22 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 04:16 AM
    Comment on aqua@home's post
    It is actually natural~ it is always going to be ozzing wth gunk , its like its waste. If its new, then its going 2 have a bit of a rash and be swelled tender and red! If you wate a few months/weeks and then if it is sstill sore and stuff, ask percer
    tashabbz2k11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 11:47 AM
    I got mine done last year when I just turned 12 I took of the bandage straight after it never got infected and I changed the bar like the week after I wouldn't wear a bandage if I were you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing the belly button [ 20 Answers ]

HEY ALL Well i am new here and i wanted to know can i peirce my belly button myself?? If so how?? And is it kinda like peircing the ears Thank you very much

Belly button piercing and scars [ 8 Answers ]

OK I was wondering if id be able to get my belly button repierced under these conditions. OK first of all, I had it pierced before but it came out and closed. Now I have a dime sized lump of scar tissue wheere it was pierced. I also revently had gallbladder surgery and I have I tiney incision scar...

Lots of questions [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you

3 lots, selling 2 of them [ 1 Answers ]

If I own 3 lots and I am selling 2 of them, will I have to pay capital gains taxes on the 2 lots I am selling?

Car is burning lots of gas [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Plymouth Neon. My engine light is on and I am noticing that I am burning a lot of gas lately. I have been just going to work same as usual and I am burning an extra quarter tank or so of gas. For instance, usually to and from work I use 1/4 a tank, so 1/2 in two days. Now after 2...

View more questions Search