Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 06:04 PM
    1995 jeep grand cherokee larado
    Hi guys

Rear driver side tire worn right down from the middleto the inside.Switched
    Tire,right side to left side.Now it seems that the right tire is doing the same ware pattern to.Again from the middle to the inside.All tires are the same
    Size at 35lbs,235\75\15.Removed both rear tires for inspection.Shock seems OK,brake pads worn maybe 1/2 way down,but evenly and the rooters have
    Some ware.checked all the bushings also OK.rear is full of fluid,no fluid leaking from axel bearings.any ideas out there.thanks.

sarge
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2006, 06:18 PM
    Sounds like they are cambering out, due to lateral runout. Remove wheel and carefully examine hub and axle axis. If it's not obvious what's wrong, get the alignment checked. Maybe you bent a hub.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Jeep Cherokee Tailight issue [ 3 Answers ]

As of this morning I no longer have any working tail-lights or front parking lights. I do however have functional stop-lights and front blinkers so the bulbs themselves are good. I have checked all of the fuses on the fuse panel and in the engine compartment and none are blown, I have checked the...

1995 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L - overcharging [ 2 Answers ]

For several months my charging gauge read at or near the red-line. Over the past week it is almost pegged-out if no lights or heat is on (when lights and heat is on it drops to 16-17, but still in the red). I replaced the battery and altenator but the problem still persists. All other guages appear...

88 Jeep Cherokee Transmission [ 2 Answers ]

My son has an 88 Jeep Cherokee, Automatic 4X4. The reverse just went out in it. Goes in to drive OK, but nothing in reverse, I assume it's the transmission. My question is how safe is it for him to drive until he can get it fixed? I believe all the parts inside the transmission are different...

1995 Jeep Wrangler RPM and Oil Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I was trying to drive to work this morning and my Jeep starting doing this whole acceleration/deceleration thing and started backfiring on the deceleration part. While this was happening my oil pressure would fluctuate from 0 to half on the pressure gauge (don't rmember the exact psi). When I...

View more questions Search