Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rainfall Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 05:11 PM
    What is a good hobby
    What is a good hobbie that is very intresting and fun to do.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2009, 08:06 PM

Hi, rainfall!

When I was a lot younger, I really got into collecting coins. There are a lot of people who like to do that. In fact, there are clubs that are based on collecting coins and by joining them, a person can make new friends as well as meet a lot of very interesting people where everybody has something in common with each other.

Hopefully, others will also come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    angel66647 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2009, 07:22 PM

yugioh!! =D its awesome fun entertaining and a lot of people play it like me =D
    angel66647 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2009, 07:23 PM
    by the way there are also clubs on yugioh, card shops, were everyone gets together play in small tournaments etc its fun you should try it =D
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

Feb 17, 2009, 10:25 PM

What do you like to do or play? Bowling (leagues), Chess (clubs), Books (clubs), arts & crafts, pool (leagues), coin and/or stamp collecting, dance or anything in the performing arts, drawing, painting, photography, writing, bird watching, bicycling, canoeing, running, mountain climbing, etc. If you're not sure what you might like, try out a little bit of everything and I'm sure you'll come across one or more things you will enjoy.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Feb 28, 2009, 04:25 PM
    One of my favorite hobbies is enjoying the outdoors by walking on trails in the woods, walking along beaches and climbing small mountains. It's great exercise and never gets boring.
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2009, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    One of my favorite hobbies is enjoying the outdoors by walking on trails in the woods, walking along beaches and climbing small mountains. It's great exercise and never gets boring.
    That sounds like a wonderful hobby, earl237!
    curtisst Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Mar 10, 2009, 04:45 PM

My first choice is coins of course and I've been at it for over 40 years! My second is gardening. So I hve an indoor hobby and an outdoor hobby. One for not so nice weather and the other for enjoying the sunshine. Both are theraputical for me and give me much joy. You must pick something that does not become a chore. Coins gives me an opportunity to explore the US and world and learn a lot of history on the way. Gardening let's me grow things from infancy to maturity, like raising my children and to be closer to nature.
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2009, 11:56 PM

Excellent suggestions there, curtisst!

I too, am an avid gardener!

Thanks!
    curtisst Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Mar 12, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Hi Clough!
    Thank you! I must admit though, I prefer my perennials, fruits and bushes over my annuals these days. Too many things to do to baby too many annuals. I did get over 40 pints of jalm out of my plums last fall, that was super. Gifts at Christmas went over well. Take care. Tom
    tropicaliano Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 03:07 AM

Things that you like to do a lot, but for the lack of time and opportunity you end up doing a little.
    Now, find or make the time and opportunity and you may have a good hobby for you.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 03:34 AM

I am a graphic artist and there are some cool applications that you can download for free.The only limit is the size of your imagination.

If you like more activity than sitting at a computer,fishing,hiking,biking.Skateboarding.

Writing.Taking up an instrument.

I love to play scrabble and you can do that on line as well.Crosswords are great and really challenge the mind.

Your age and your personality have a lot to do with your choices.

Are you more of a creative person or a thinker who likes to build?

The possibilities are so numerous but it really depends on what special talents you may already possess and while some hobbies are rather inexpensive,some are very costly.

I used to do ceramics and oil paint but it was very expensive.

Cooking or baking is a great hobby,we all have to eat :)
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 04:37 AM

My favourite hobbys (ie I think they are interesting and cool)

Horse riding
    Keeping pets
    Aquariums
    Painting and drawing
    Playing guitar
    Reading
    Hillwalking
    Listening to music
    Organising the next revolution to overthrow the government
    Pub quizzes

It really depends what you are interested in and how much time you have.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2009, 07:10 AM
    Painting and drawing is a big one for me.
    We show dogs as a hobby.
    My partner has a massive slot car set that he keeps expanding and playing with. He paints all the little trees and people himself which keeps him out of my hair for hours :p
    alex45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 09:23 AM
    It depends on what your personal interests are but some quick thoughts are: writing, music, after-school programs, art or something artistically related, photography, numismatist, do some volunteer work, gaming, dance, fashion, health and fitness, activism, etc. Hope this helps. :-)
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2009, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I love to play scrabble and you can do that on line as well.Crosswords are great and really challenge the mind.
    :)
    I love to play Scrabble too! Just played with a friend of mine last night. He beat the pants off me! Two times during the game, he used all of his letters! That got him an extra fifty points each time!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a Hobby [ 8 Answers ]

How can I find a hoby that suits me, Iam 64 years old ex Financial Manager in a multinational Svs. co. have never had a manual hobby, this what I am looking for, I am living in Egypt. May I hope of a reply, not expensive hobby as I am retired. ...

In need of a hobby [ 5 Answers ]

I need a hobby. My dad won't let me watch television until I get a hobby.:(

I need a hobby bad. [ 20 Answers ]

I need a hobby to be good at because my friends and people who know me think that I am not good at anything.:mad: and I want to show them that I can be good at things and I'm not just some person who doesn't do anything. Volleyball and Basketball are not the sport/hobby for me. And I was wondering...

My Hobby. [ 6 Answers ]

I don't have too many hobbies I guess. Music over-all is one. Another is hanging out with my friends and doing stupid things (yes, a hobby). But the one hobby I love the very most is helping people with their problems/issues. My friends say it's a great thing of me to do and they respect me for it...

About my hobby [ 4 Answers ]

Am trying to find a hobby. I have never really had any hobbies in my adult life and I am now trying to find one. I don't know how to even start. I am looking for any help on how to find something that interests me.

View more questions Search