Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alcoholocaust Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2006, 05:13 PM
    Second HD troubleshooting
    Ok, here's the skinny...

Intstalled my girlfriend's HD (Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 80GB ATA/133 HDD) onto my computer as a 2nd HD(slave). All jumpers are set correctly, all cables are correct (not the 1st time I've done this). Everything works fine, it's detected and I do have access to it.

BUT... she apparently had the info she wants to get off there on her desktop, and when I try to access her user profile in explorer I get an error message reading "E:\Documents and Settings\Maria Rauscher is not accessible. Access is denied." The reason for this, I believe, is that she had that profile set up with a password and as admin.

Is there any way to access this folder? I want to transfer the information to my current HD, and then reformat the slave HD. I need the information contained within, and short of detaching my HD and running just hers there seems to be no way to accomplish this. Please help. Thank you.
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Aug 8, 2006, 05:41 PM
    Sign on using an account with Administrator privs and then change ownership (to yourself) on that folder. You should then be able to access it.

Goodluck

Casey

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I troubleshooting my MTD lawn tractor? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There, I have one MTD lawn tractor for many years. It is a MTD 14.5/42” 7 speed model. It stopped working during cutting the grass recently, and then I could not start this tractor any more. After then, I had replaced the new battery, new air filter, and the new spark plug. I had changed...

Circuit Breaker Troubleshooting [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased an old farm with a water well. It was checked last summer with the pump company's pump (I assume they used their pump because there was no power at the property then) and it pumped well (15 gpm). Now I have electricity and tried to power up the pump. The fuses are the old...

Troubleshooting Backed up Drain issue [ 1 Answers ]

This seems obvious, but I have learned to never assume things. I am having problems with drainage backup to my Septic tank. The toilet will flush once, then the second time it backs up and some water will backup into the tub. The tub also backs up after showering for 2-3 minutes. It will backup...

Troubleshooting my Sprikler controller [ 5 Answers ]

Recently the Richdel 404 controller of my sprinkler system ceased to work. I don't know much, but checked for 24V supply and found none. I then looked in the box next to the controller and found an electrical block with two "hot" 120V inputs (still hot) and two (I assume) 120V outputs , (not...

View more questions Search