Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bballer454545 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 03:34 PM
    Shooting guard practices?
    I am the shooting guard of my current basketball team. I really want to know how to get better. I play on a middle school level. I am 13 5'1 and I weigh about 77 pounds ( yes I am really skinny). I'm really good at stealing the ball but I don't have that good of a shot. Does anyone know how I can get better? And if you know one, can you give me a specific practice routine?
    jeffrey michael Posts: 68, Reputation: 6

Apr 1, 2009, 03:44 PM

There a lot of things you can do to get better. I was a point guard all through middle school and high school, I just prcticed my shot everyday, but the biggest thing is ball handling skills sit on a 5 gallon bucket and dribble the ball 500 times with each hand, then put your legs in front of you and dribble under your legs 500 times. What your trying to do is get your hands used to the ball and how it feels when its coming off the ground, the more you do it the more comfortable you will feel. Just remember to practice practice practice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shooting Guard [ 6 Answers ]

I want to ask like what is shooting guard's job and what they have to do during the , plus what kind of trainning can be improve the performance during the games?

Better shooting guard [ 7 Answers ]

Could some expert tell how 2 become a better shooting guard?any aswer is welcomed

I need to find a way to be a better shooting guard [ 2 Answers ]

Right now I'm on jv and I'm motivated to be a better basketball player. I'm 5'6 and I'm quick, I'm a good passer and I can drive in, my shot is OK, but I can't find a way to get better. Please write back. Matt drew

How to be a better Shooting Guard [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 5'11 130lbs and currently a Sophomore in HS. As of now, I'm almost set to start JV. I still feel the need to improve my speed/agility and vert to be more of an asset. I am currently using 5Lb Each Ankle Weights, but I need to know if there is anything else I can do to improve speed/Vertical...

View more questions Search